Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
Sharpthinker

Reply with quote  #1 
The rear disc carrier for an outlaw and pred is identical apparently, so the discs are interchangeable in as much as the Outlaw disc (rotor) will fit a Pred...
But, is the outer size of the Outlaw disc the same as a Predator so that it will work OK on the Pred?
I guess only guys that have both bikes or had them can tell, but any help would be great.
Cheers

Reply with quote  #2 
the rear discs/rotors are the same for the outlaw sra and a predator. im not sure about caliper clearance but the pred and outlaws  rotors appear to be the same. I know the hubs will interchange.
Sharpthinker

Reply with quote  #3 
Thank you for your help.
It is the diameter of the disc that's important as we know the mounting is identical between Pred and Outlaw.
I think the brake calipers are the same as well.
We are back to you guys with loads of experience of both bikes for the ultimate answer.

Reply with quote  #4 
Only up to 08.  09's had a larger diameter rotor.

http://www.2wheelpros.com/oem-parts/polaris-disc-brake-5246155-part.html

Reply with quote  #5 
That's a great help thanks...Also I didn't know about that parts site which is great for cross referencing parts.
I think I will be running an Outlaw rear disc soon... Watch this space.

Reply with quote  #6 
so nick if wanted to use a 09 outlaw sra rear brake caliper stay/axle bracket, does that mean id have to use a 09 rotor? and would a 09 rotor fit a 08 brake hub?
Sharpthinker

Reply with quote  #7 
Unfortunately the disc wouldn't fit as it was 230mm diameter and the Pred is approx. 200mm...
Nick mentioned that the 09 disc is larger than the 08 so I wont be using it, but I will keep my eyes open for an earlier one and try again.
I would keep the standard disc but its slightly warped and wears out rear pads like mad and locks up occasionally when just touching the brake... Never mind.
Thank you all for your help.
Clive

Reply with quote  #8 
but the question is, can you change the bracket that holds the caliper to the carrier , then use the 09 rotor. the 2009 s models have a better angled bracket. I know for sure that the bracket would fit on a predator axle carrier. im willing to bet that the whole brake rotor hub from a 09 would fit a predator axle.  I installed a ktm rear axle set up on my 08 outlaw, and figured out that you cant use the ktm axle on a predator because the sprocket hub has a different offset then the predator hub. you cant use a predator hub on the ktm axle, because the hub lock rings are different. you can however use the ktm rotor hub and rotor on a predator axle.
Team Bricktucky

Reply with quote  #9 
the ktm rotor hub is also a weight savings and looks better because it is aluminum.
LE Nick

Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Bricktucky
so nick if wanted to use a 09 outlaw sra rear brake caliper stay/axle bracket, does that mean id have to use a 09 rotor? and would a 09 rotor fit a 08 brake hub?

Yes, you'll need the larger rotor. I think the caliper is the same. I'm pretty sure it would fit the hub too.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.