Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
Brandon13buckley

Reply with quote  #1 
Hey guys I have a question I currently have my bike stripped down and oil drained and have used amsoil in the last two changes I have done since new I pit in 2 quarts at $15 a piece and a $5 oil filter all-in-all it comes out to $40 with tax, I find that a Little pricey for my pred and was wondering if you guys have better ideas on whats more cost efficient I was looking at castrol 0w-40 and it is fully synthetic at $10 would this be ok. Not sure though because it doesn't say meant for wet clutch systems and not approved
LEOGM5150

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #2 
I WOULD RECOMMEND FINDING A SJ RATED FOR WET CLUTCHES OIL. YOUR CLUTCH SHARES THE SAME OIL AS YOU PISTON, CRANK AND ROD BEARINGS. IT IS WORTH IT TO USE SJ RATED OIL. I USE HONDA NON SYNTHETIC AT ABOUT $7 PER QUART THERE IS A MOBIL OIL THAT IS FOR WET CLUTCHES ALSO. YOU CAN ALSO GET FILTERS ON EBAY OR AT RMATV FOR ABOUT $2 EACH MOST OF THE TIME.

MY GREATEST FEAR IS THAT WHEN I DIE MY WIFE WILL SELL MY TOYS FOR WHAT I TOLD HER I HAVE INTO THEM...

2014 POLARIS RZR 4 900 EPS
2012 POLARIS RZR 4 900 XP
2008 POLARIS RZR 800
2008 POLARIS OUTLAW 525S LE
2007 POLARIS OUTLAW 525 IRS
2000 400 RCR TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2001 400 TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2005 SKI DOO 1000 TWO STROKE SAND SLED
Jcooksey

Reply with quote  #3 
Rotella
Dunph

Reply with quote  #4 
I LIKE THE PS4 BUT HAVE USED THE ROTELLA T6 WITH NO ISSUES IN THAT MOTOR
2016 2500hd
2003 GMC Sierra 1500hd Quadrasteer Yes i know my rear wheels are crooked! http://www.youtube.com/user/dustinwpearce
Commi-chusetts
exwoodsracer416

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunph
I LIKE THE PS4 BUT HAVE USED THE ROTELLA T6 WITH NO ISSUES IN THAT MOTOR

What weight oil are u using?
bradracer18

Reply with quote  #6 
I use Bel-Ray full synthetic I believe its a 15w-40.  Used to run the Belray 20w-50 thumper.
pimpedpredators

Site Geographical Custodian
Reply with quote  #7 
I started out using the PS4, since then I have tried the "Rotella" after other PPR guys recommended it, I think its crap,theres a reason its so cheap, my gear box was instantly "notchy" not near as smooth as the with the PS4. Next I tried Valvoline ATV oil, non-synthetic and was $7 a quart, but again my gearbox was "notchy". Next I tried Mobil 1 racing oil, its still $10 a quart, but it brought back the smooth shifting. I have used Motul, Honda, and Amsoil oils also. I have been told by alot of racers/mechanics that the Honda lube products are the best, even if they rode other brands of bikes. I had good results from all 3 of those. I have 2 Preddys, and change oil in them every 10-20 hours depending on how hard im riding them, so price is a definite issue for me too. One thing you can do is get re-usable oil filters, I have 4 of them so I dont have to clean them right away. As far as oil, your motor will cost about $1500 to replace, its a HIGH PERFORMANCE engine and it needs high performance oil, im gonna stick with the Mobile 1 its easier to get and its as good as any of them. Roll your dice if you want to save a couple bucks, but I have come to terms with it! My buddy has a Outlaw that he tried cheap oil in, and he had similiar issues with his gear box. These gear boxes are not that smooth/strong to start with, dont need to compound the problem!! Hope this helps.
03' Predator HPD 558,full HMF, Kibblewhite valvetrain,full port/polish,Dyna FS ,Keihin FCR  w/MP twist,Barnett clutch & billet basket,Trail Tech billet dash,billet Torch lights, H&H 1 1/8" bars,TrailTech"Voyager"GPS, Acerbis gaurds, Full Flight +2 "A" arms,HPD +2 anti.vibe stem and dual stabilizers, custom billet tie rods&heims,frt. roller upgrade,Pro Armor case saver,AC Racing nerfs w/IMS ROLL pegs& shifter, Ballistic battery, +3" swinger,Lonestar +4" axle,Tusk Pro heels, full DG skids,Pro Aluminum grab,Blingstar bumper,UM alum.oil tank,custom radiator,Streamline rotors, AMR Graffix, gussett kit,Race Tech triple rate springs,full custom Fox Podiums w/added front res., ITP SS wheels w/ ITP Sand/Dune Stars for sand, ITP Pro Baja, w/ ITP Holeshot HD's for dirt, 03' Predator 500 (daughters) PP pipe, TRXr carb,PD intake,UNI ,no box,Jardine nerfs,Tusk heels,AC bumper,Trail Tech: fat bars,dash,Vapor,Torches, Razrs on black G-Force for dirt,AMS on red Douglas for sand
tacnam

Reply with quote  #8 
I agree with pimped. I use the ps4 oil in mine and it is the best I have used in it. I have ran other oil in it but it doesn't seem as smooth in shifting as the PS4 oil. Also the recommended weight of the oil is not highly common (0w-40) so it really comes to what you can get your hands on easiest. Definitely want to make sure it has wet clutch capabilities though. Never used the honda in my predator but I have always heard good thing about honda oils.  
Team Bricktucky

Reply with quote  #9 
in the predators I like either, rotella t5 10w-30  , mobil 1 10-w-30 or polaris ps-4 . all are synthetic. your right the preds like synthetic oils better ,, nd I feel that mobil 1 10w-30 synthetic is just as good as ps-4 , they smell the same , feel the same and keap the engine clean. cheap oil leaves a dark deposit on the case covers, where as the synthetics do not. ive been doing this along time with the predators and will always use synthetic oils.
Dunph

Reply with quote  #10 
YEA MINE IS NOT LOVING THE ROTELLA. CLUTCH SHUDDERS AND GEARBOX IS A TOUCH NOTCHY. I LOVE THE PS4. RAN MY PRED HARD WITH IT FOR 8 YEARS AND MY OUTLAW FOR 6. MY DEALER SELLS IT FOR 10.99/QT AND I BUY THE FILTER ONLINE FOR 5. ITS WORTH THE EXTRA MONEY TO ME
2016 2500hd
2003 GMC Sierra 1500hd Quadrasteer Yes i know my rear wheels are crooked! http://www.youtube.com/user/dustinwpearce
Commi-chusetts
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.