Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
08OutlawIRS

Reply with quote  #1 
Just bought a 2008 outlaw 525 irs, noticed bent handlebars, but figured that's all it was. Now I'm looking at it, it's not the handlebars. The steering stem where the bars clamp is welded at quite an angle, but I'm guessing that's how it was meant to be. Does everyone have am angle like that? Maybe the stem is just barely bent, I don't think it's the frame itself because it's got a tiny bit of an angle, but if I hammered it down the handlebars would be even more crooked. Thoughts? Stem.jpg 
Rkangel

Reply with quote  #2 
The '06 through '08 have an offset steering stem to accommodate the no-bump-steer steering linkage design Polaris used in those model years.  The angled handlebar mount is normal.  But, it does look like your steering stem is also bent at the bushing mount.  Personally, I would consider replacing the steering stem if it has been bent.  I've never been a fan of hammering tubes to straighten them back out...maybe some gentle nudging from a hydraulic press if the bend is very slight, but you don't want to risk collapsing or weakening the tube.

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks, I stared at the stem and the frame forever trying to decide what it was. Now looking at the picture I see what you're saying. I didn't notice without the picture. Any suggestions, I saw Rath makes one.
TxOutlawRider

Reply with quote  #4 
I got a pretty good deal a few years ago on a lonestar stem on eBay.
I may still have my old stock one that I would sell pretty cheap if you're interested.

"Outlaws are the Chuck Norris of the quad world."
08OutlawIRS

Reply with quote  #5 
Let me know if you do still have it, it was never bent or anything right? PM me with info, thx
TxOutlawRider

Reply with quote  #6 
PM sent. Its straight and I don't believe its ever been bent. If you PM me your number I have some pics.

"Outlaws are the Chuck Norris of the quad world."
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.