Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
cobra131

Reply with quote  #1 
Well put the motor back together new cyl new piston rings and new loaded head and ready to go back in the frame and scared to death to try to start it never rebuilt any motor before checked the manual a million times to make sure I did it right really hope it doesn't go BOOM
Kmack

Reply with quote  #2 
I'll bet if you were careful and followed the book you'll be in good shape. Let us know how it works out.

BE POSITIVE - Because, if you think you CAN or if you think you CAN'T, you are right!

2009 Outlaw 525 S
2008 KTM 525
2004 KTM 525 EXC Dual Purpose Bike
1998 Yamaha 600 Grizzly - Elk Hauler
LEOGM5150

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #3 
Turn it over by hand make sure everything is oiling and nothing is binding then run it. check for leaks let it warm up shut it down and cool it off. Make sure it is not overheating run it and cool it a few more times then ride it like you stole it.

MY GREATEST FEAR IS THAT WHEN I DIE MY WIFE WILL SELL MY TOYS FOR WHAT I TOLD HER I HAVE INTO THEM...

2014 POLARIS RZR 4 900 EPS
2012 POLARIS RZR 4 900 XP
2008 POLARIS RZR 800
2008 POLARIS OUTLAW 525S LE
2007 POLARIS OUTLAW 525 IRS
2000 400 RCR TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2001 400 TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2005 SKI DOO 1000 TWO STROKE SAND SLED
cobra131

Reply with quote  #4 
Should I let it idle or ride it put a load on the motor thanks for the help guys
05pred500

Reply with quote  #5 
I put a load on the motor when I broke in mine. I followed the procedure on the following link, seemed to work well for me.

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

2005 predator 558 - falicon supercrank w/ knife rod, ss valves, 12.5:1 wiseco, hpd 558, HMF full system, uni, CFM oil tank, pro design tether, suspension work by Monster Performance, HID light kit, ODI Rouge, Kalis Racing riser, Flexx bars, razr/razr2
cobra131

Reply with quote  #6 
Well guys after a lot of worrying got the warrior back together it fired right up happy with the results now to tackle a carb rebuild thanks for the help guys
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.