Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
KTM555

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi guys, my brother just bought a 2009 polaris outlaw 450 mxr and a used set of walsh flow a arms for it.
He was looking to buy fox float 3 x evol shocks for it but fox doesn't have a listing for the walsh a arms.
I was wondering if anyone knew if you used a shock set up for a different a arm or different quad to get the right shock length? Or does anyone know the extended and compressed length? I called walsh and they told me to call southside to see what shock set up they ran and southside hasn't got back with me yet so I thought I would check with you guys on here. Thanks.
atv4play

Reply with quote  #2 
I know you will need the MX long travel arms for what you have. The floats come in 2 different lengths: 1 for MX and 1 for Standard travel. Different valving is available for each as well (soft or firm). The Walsh, Rath MX, and some Lone Star a arms have lower shock mounting points and require the "extended" length shock. I am far from an expert here but Fox should be able to provide the right part number if going through them direct. Even calling their support number should get you in the ball park.
Flexx Bars, Rath Anti Vibe Stem, ODI grips, Honda Throttle with Kiwi Spring Mod, KTM Intake Tube with K&N Filter in Modded Sub-Frame, FMF Factory 4.1 Slip on, Ceramic coated header, Quadtech Hood, Lowered subframe supports, Rath MX A Arms, Rath MX Hubs, Fox Float Evol Front Shocks/Revalved and Resprung Podium X Rear, Pure Polaris Bumper, Rath Monster peg 44 Series Nerf bars, PB Bob Oil Cooler Adapter, Gold speed Fronts and Gold Speed MXR2's on Hiper Tech 3's for the track Razr 2's on Hiper Tech 3's Dual Beadlocks and Razr's on Hiper CF1s for the woods.
atv4play

Reply with quote  #3 
The fox site says 17.6" but that just doesn't seem right..
Flexx Bars, Rath Anti Vibe Stem, ODI grips, Honda Throttle with Kiwi Spring Mod, KTM Intake Tube with K&N Filter in Modded Sub-Frame, FMF Factory 4.1 Slip on, Ceramic coated header, Quadtech Hood, Lowered subframe supports, Rath MX A Arms, Rath MX Hubs, Fox Float Evol Front Shocks/Revalved and Resprung Podium X Rear, Pure Polaris Bumper, Rath Monster peg 44 Series Nerf bars, PB Bob Oil Cooler Adapter, Gold speed Fronts and Gold Speed MXR2's on Hiper Tech 3's for the track Razr 2's on Hiper Tech 3's Dual Beadlocks and Razr's on Hiper CF1s for the woods.
LEOGM5150

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #4 
All I know is the floats for the outlaw stock arms measure right at 19 inches extended.

MY GREATEST FEAR IS THAT WHEN I DIE MY WIFE WILL SELL MY TOYS FOR WHAT I TOLD HER I HAVE INTO THEM...

2014 POLARIS RZR 4 900 EPS
2012 POLARIS RZR 4 900 XP
2008 POLARIS RZR 800
2008 POLARIS OUTLAW 525S LE
2007 POLARIS OUTLAW 525 IRS
2000 400 RCR TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2001 400 TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2005 SKI DOO 1000 TWO STROKE SAND SLED
KTM555

Reply with quote  #5 
The only shocks fox builds for the outlaw listed on fox's site are for the stock a arms, rath a arms, dragon fire a arms and 2 different lonestar a arms. Walsh told me that they haven't built very many sets of a arms for the polaris outlaw so that's probably why fox doesn't make shocks specifically for the walsh a arms. Rath's arms use a stock length shock so I'm sure those won't work. Lonestar's long travel arms use a 18.75" shock. I also heard that they may use a shock set up for walsh a arms for a carb'd yfz 450 which I believe are 18.5"?
atv4play

Reply with quote  #6 
Have you checked other shock manufacturers to see their listed lengths? Fox does make standard and long travel length, just don't have them listed as such.
atv4play

Reply with quote  #7 
The member Outy on here has a set of Walsh a arms so there must be something that works.
outy027

Reply with quote  #8 
Yes myself and Marky boy have them. My exact shocks are for outlaws and ds450s

The part number for my foxes on my box is 830-23-063.

Hope that helps the Walshes and dc4s are said to be the only LT'S but I know my shox don't exceed 19 inches

2015 season. 2010 mx/xc collab build in the works. 
KTM555

Reply with quote  #9 
Outy027, thanks that definitely helps a lot! I did some looking and the new Float 3 Evol # is 830-24-063 and fits the 2008-2014 Can-Am DS450 with stock arms and also fits the Polaris Outlaw with Rath Racing mx arms. Kinda sucks fox doesn't make the new podium rc2 rear shock for the polaris. We'll probably either go with last years fox podium or see if we can get a pep zps abc rear shock made for it. Thanks guys for help!
outy027

Reply with quote  #10 
Built 03 pred shocks are awesome to if you get then done right. Nice and short and goods for mx

2015 season. 2010 mx/xc collab build in the works. 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.