Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
King Josk

Reply with quote  #1 
A week ago I could not even get close to starting it. But now I adjusted the valves (exhaust valve was not closed). i got it running but would not run without choke. i adjusted the float because it was to low tried starting it up again and it would not even start. So i went back and looked at the valves and the valve was now open again so i adjusted it and it started right up and ran perfect without choke. So i put it all back together thinking it was ready to go. Started it up and let it run for a little bit. i turned it off and tried starting it again there was NOTHING. took it apart and there was 0 compression and the exhaust valve was open again. I am completely lost need help PLEASE!!!
TxOutlawRider

Reply with quote  #2 
Do those have an exhaust valve decompressor ?  Because it sounds like yours isn't operating correctly. 

"Outlaws are the Chuck Norris of the quad world."
King Josk

Reply with quote  #3 
Yes it does have an exhaust decompressor. Can you tell me how they are suppose to run and what should i look for to know if it is not running right? because i am working on this with my grand father and he has worked on engines his entire life but never a 4 wheeler. so everything is a little new for him. 
TxOutlawRider

Reply with quote  #4 
I know how they work on the KTM (Outlaws) but I'm sorry I have no idea how they work on the Fuji motors.  Someone here should certainly know. 

"Outlaws are the Chuck Norris of the quad world."
05pred500

Reply with quote  #5 
It has been a while since I've had mine apart, so bear with me. Are you able to wiggle that decompression lobe perpendicular to the camshaft itself? It should be spring loaded and move to one side and return to the original position when released. It is a fairly light spring, so if it doesn't move, that decomp might be stuck
2005 predator 558 - falicon supercrank w/ knife rod, ss valves, 12.5:1 wiseco, hpd 558, HMF full system, uni, CFM oil tank, pro design tether, suspension work by Monster Performance, HID light kit, ODI Rouge, Kalis Racing riser, Flexx bars, razr/razr2
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.