Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
kokeyed

Reply with quote  #1 
Gonna be installing my vapor this week. Just wondering if any one had some tips and tricks. Looks pretty straight forward. Mostly curious about best spot for wheel sensor. Also setpoints for heat lights. Whats running temp and too hot for these motors? Thanks in advance.
525polaris10

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Do you have a Ktm motor or Fuji? What model quad?
Outlaw wheel sensor u can use the rotor bolt and cut the plastic guard, they say to remove it but I wanted to keep it.
Outlaw overheat light is around 220. Fan should kick on around 180. Use that as a guide. I have first temp at 200 then second at 220

2010 IRS http://www.polarisproriders.com/post/My-IRS-build-6344146?trail=#1
2007 Ktm 250 xcf-w
2012 klx250 supermoto
2008 silverado
I'd like to thank my sponsors-Chase, Paypal, and PPR
Team Bricktucky

Reply with quote  #3 
I think the best tip I can give is to buy one of those billet aluminum protector mounts. also make sure to give some slack in the wires. you don't need those thin wires getting tugged on to hard.
525polaris10

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #4 
I agree with brick. I have the billet "dashboard" and it was worth the money. The cheap plastic it comes with wouldn't last 1 ride for me. I also have the clamp. I like it a lot. With flexx bars u can't see it where it's supposed to be mounted. With some time and innovation I was able to flip it to the rider side of the bars.
2010 IRS http://www.polarisproriders.com/post/My-IRS-build-6344146?trail=#1
2007 Ktm 250 xcf-w
2012 klx250 supermoto
2008 silverado
I'd like to thank my sponsors-Chase, Paypal, and PPR
kokeyed

Reply with quote  #5 
yea i have the ktm450. i actually plan on making my own mount. the trail tech i bought is an older model and looks like i will have to drill and tap hub? which is no big deal. it was new in box for 70.00 so couldnt pass it up.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.