Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
05lee

Reply with quote  #1 
OK guys so got my wife a 330 and of course she loves it because it is purpleased (her favorite color).

So we bought it from a older ladyou that barely rode it and then she let one of her kids ride it and they rolled it. So the handle bars are bent and the front rack which is no biggie. So it has been sitting for about 4yrs now and she hasn't tried to start it or anything.

From what she said is that she tried to put gas in the tank and it started leaking onto the ground. From what I could see with a flashlight was it looks like a fitting is loose on the tank or the line is cracked.

So I went today and got new parts for it. Front and rear brakes, handle bars, grips, fuel filter, oil filter, spark plug, battery, oil, carb rebuild kit, air filter.

So is there anything that is a must check or do besides what I got so far? I am going to tear into it probably tonight and see what I can do with the leak. I was thinking of pulling the tank off and filling it with water to see where it leaks from so I don't get gas all over the place and the smell in the garage.
ORION

Site Geographical Custodian
Reply with quote  #2 
I bet all that stuff was pretty expensive if you bought it locally. Ebay is usually much cheaper. 

I bet your float is stuck in the "down" position which would cause the fuel leak. Should be able to fix that easily by pulling the float bowl. 

Before doing any work on it, I would try to make sure it at least runs. Change the motor oil, and spray some WD40 down the spark plug hole. Then spay starting fluid into the carb and see if it fires up. If the motor is shot, do you want to install those new bars and grips? 
05lee

Reply with quote  #3 
I always support my local shops. It really wasn't that bad on what I spent plus a new helmet and gloves and goggles for me and the wife. Also go new ebc front pads for my bike.

I will check it all out first before adding all the stuff onto it. She did say it ran perfectly fine before she parked them in storage so I'm sure it will start
05lee

Reply with quote  #4 
Well hooked up a fresh battery and pulled the choke and bam! Fired right up. Sounds really smooth to
ORION

Reply with quote  #5 
Sweet! That's awesome man. Time to turn some wrenches and hit the trails. 
LEOGM5150

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #6 
very nice I'm glad to hear that it is not too often that a smoking deal works out that well.

MY GREATEST FEAR IS THAT WHEN I DIE MY WIFE WILL SELL MY TOYS FOR WHAT I TOLD HER I HAVE INTO THEM...

2014 POLARIS RZR 4 900 EPS
2012 POLARIS RZR 4 900 XP
2008 POLARIS RZR 800
2008 POLARIS OUTLAW 525S LE
2007 POLARIS OUTLAW 525 IRS
2000 400 RCR TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2001 400 TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2005 SKI DOO 1000 TWO STROKE SAND SLED
05lee

Reply with quote  #7 
Yeah I was kinda nervous about it not starting. I can tell it is old fuel because it stinks badly! I am going to rebuild the carb and put fresh gas into it and see how it does. Right now it has to stay on with the choke slightly on so I know that carb is nasty.

I have to get it ready for next weekend to hit the trails!
ORION

Reply with quote  #8 

I had fun with my last Trail Boss. Upgraded to the Outlaw because I got tired of ripping wheels off, cracking the frame, bending axles, broken motor mounts, etc. As long as you treat the Trail Boss properly though, it should be a very good reliable machine. 

269930_114788008613130_4875827_n.jpg 

05lee

Reply with quote  #9 
Nice!

It is the wives toy and she just wants to ride easy around the trails we go on. I won't use it much because it is hers and I have my toy lol. So I hope none of that happens!

Looks like you had fun though!
Kmack

Reply with quote  #10 
WIVES???  You got more than one!!!  OH, "Wife's", OK.  JK man, just had to rag on you a little.
That will be a nice quad for them......I mean her.  LOL!!!

BE POSITIVE - Because, if you think you CAN or if you think you CAN'T, you are right!

2009 Outlaw 525 S
2008 KTM 525
2004 KTM 525 EXC Dual Purpose Bike
1998 Yamaha 600 Grizzly - Elk Hauler
TxOutlawRider

Reply with quote  #11 
I'm still trying to picture Orion ripping the wheels off his trailboss! 

"Outlaws are the Chuck Norris of the quad world."
ORION

Reply with quote  #12 
216660_127047904053807_4586371_n.jpg
ORION

Reply with quote  #13 
250025_127047830720481_524160_n (1).jpg  216751_127047964053801_683858_n.jpg  315383_155437331214864_254987242_n.jpg 
ORION

Reply with quote  #14 
It usually sheered off the spindle, but sometimes the upper shock post would break. Only pipped the A-arm off once. 
mark13164

Reply with quote  #15 
Check primary drive belt...have a spare...

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.