Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
Rzrman328

Reply with quote  #1 
First post but I'll get right to it...

I've had this huge debate with buddies on jetting req's and I'm sure some will chime in with opinions

I have a 2010 450 mxr with only a few recent mods...cmf intake(uni filter) no lid, big gun slip on and stock wrapped header. Now, I've jetted all my bikes in the past with similar mods. Last bike being a predator. I'm planning on doin either a jd or Dyno kit pretty soon.

BUT...I have some buddies who swear up n down that with just a slip on and my intake setup that jetting isn't needed.

What do you guys think?
LEOGM5150

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #2 
Hello and welcome to the site. I would say the cfm intake on the mxr barely breathes it may be a bit more than stock. With a slip on going from the stock 138 main to a 145 might be needed. I would drop the clip on the needle one notch and turn the fuel air screw out a half turn more and see if it runs better if not they are right lean it back down.

MY GREATEST FEAR IS THAT WHEN I DIE MY WIFE WILL SELL MY TOYS FOR WHAT I TOLD HER I HAVE INTO THEM...

2014 POLARIS RZR 4 900 EPS
2012 POLARIS RZR 4 900 XP
2008 POLARIS RZR 800
2008 POLARIS OUTLAW 525S LE
2007 POLARIS OUTLAW 525 IRS
2000 400 RCR TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2001 400 TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2005 SKI DOO 1000 TWO STROKE SAND SLED
Rzrman328

Reply with quote  #3 
Thx for the quick reply....I've ridden up n down my street but haven't really been able to open her up....I'm gonna try n take her out this weekend and will post back results.
Rzrman328

Reply with quote  #4 
Ok so I took it out this morning for about 30 mins. It wasn't sputtering, backfiring nothing like that. Ran thru all the gears pretty quick.

in my final drive it didn't feel like it was going as fast as it could when I had wot(rev limiter pegging) But I was also on hard pack, kinda loose dirt and the ass end was all over the place.

What do you think?
LEOGM5150

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #5 
I would jet up and see how it feels. if it is just a bit lean you would gain some power and make your engine run cooler and last longer.

MY GREATEST FEAR IS THAT WHEN I DIE MY WIFE WILL SELL MY TOYS FOR WHAT I TOLD HER I HAVE INTO THEM...

2008 POLARIS RZR 800
Rzrman328

Reply with quote  #6 
YaI'll probably end up goin with a 145 like you suggested. Have you gone thru jetsrus for individual jets or have any feedback about them?
LEOGM5150

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #7 
They have been great for me.

2008 POLARIS RZR 800
05pred500

Reply with quote  #8 
X2 on jetsRus. Great company to work with. Have gotten many individual jets from them as well as a carb mounted choke. Never had a problem with any of it. Welcome to the site by the way!
2005 predator 558 - falicon supercrank w/ knife rod, ss valves, 12.5:1 wiseco, hpd 558, HMF full system, uni, CFM oil tank, pro design tether, suspension work by Monster Performance, HID light kit, ODI Rouge, Kalis Racing riser, Flexx bars, razr/razr2
TooSlow99

Reply with quote  #9 
X3 on jetsRus. Save yourself some money and buy the OEM EQUIVALENT keihin jets. Same thing as the genuine jets only cheaper.
Rzrman328

Reply with quote  #10 
Jetsrus is good to go in my book. Received my jet quickly. Installed n runnin like a raped ape. I hate jetting bikes lol so much more I could be doin.
TxOutlawRider

Reply with quote  #11 
Along time ago I ordered some stuff from them and it took several days for the stuff to come in and it left me with a bad impression, however, I have ordered from them two or three times since then and I got the stuff to my door in like 3 days.  So I now I am a fan and I apologize for anything negative Ive said about them. 

"Outlaws are the Chuck Norris of the quad world."
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.