Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
flextx500

Reply with quote  #1 
I'm in the process of putting my engine back together.  I acquired an 07 Predator and was questioning the timing chain tensioner.  I had the cylinder replated, new piston, the head rebuilt, and a new timing chain.  My question is, how do I know if the timing chain tensioner is good?  Or do I just replace it along with replacing the timing chain?
Milje2010

Reply with quote  #2 
if there's a decent sized flat on the tensioner where it touches the guides, replace it. Mine had a small flat and felt like it still pushed hard so I kept mine.
ORION

Site Geographical Custodian
Reply with quote  #3 
You put a ton of money into it already, why not spend the extra couple bucks for a tensioner? Its an important part (as if some of the parts were not important) 
05pred500

Reply with quote  #4 
I agree with Orion. Go all new parts on a rebuild like that. I re-used some parts on my rebuild (tensioner included) and I am now planning to go back in there sometime and replace those parts I re-used.
2005 predator 558 - falicon supercrank w/ knife rod, ss valves, 12.5:1 wiseco, hpd 558, HMF full system, uni, CFM oil tank, pro design tether, suspension work by Monster Performance, HID light kit, ODI Rouge, Kalis Racing riser, Flexx bars, razr/razr2
flextx500

Reply with quote  #5 
Thanks for the replies.  I already ordered a new one figuring that I spent that much already.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.