Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
cobra131

Reply with quote  #1 
I am in need of a tie rod and ends upgrade on a 2003 predator I was looking at the American star pro x that comes with the ends I have all balls on it now. I have the fuj steering upgrade for the pro steering now any info on steering upgrades would be great
ORION

Site Geographical Custodian
Reply with quote  #2 
Best advice I can think of. Do what I do, carry spares on-board. Grease the fittings, and zip tie them to the frame somewhere. Make sure you carry a few crescent wrenches in your tool kit as well. I carry extras, as well as some that fit other quads - just in case my buddy breaks his.
ORION

Reply with quote  #3 
216660_127047904053807_4586371_n.jpg 
249782_108817385876859_5106043_n.jpg 

ORION

Reply with quote  #4 
One of my quads WAY back in the day. Some old Polaris Trail boss 250 that used to snap tie rods all the time. As you can see in the next pic, it was time for an upgraded model. After breaking the frame, motor mounts, axles, spindles, tie rods, wheels, handlebars, ripping the struts off, ripping wheels off, breaking swing arms, and spitting wheel bearing out on the trail, I figured I better get an Outlaw. Remember folks, this is an early 90's Trail Boss 250 - airborne. Sometimes the wheels flew off on the landings. 

269930_114788008613130_4875827_n.jpg 

cobra131

Reply with quote  #5 
Has any one ever used America star pro x tie rods and ends I have all balls on now they are getting a bit sloppy also I read some where that the all balls are a bit longer that you have to cut an 1/8" off the tie rod to straighten the wheels out is that true? If so mine has been out of straight for awhile I was looking at the American star ones as an up grade what do you guys think? also what do you guys use?
05pred500

Reply with quote  #6 
I run all balls ends on mine and never had to do any sort of modification to make them work, I was able to adjust my toe just fine
2005 predator 558 - falicon supercrank w/ knife rod, ss valves, 12.5:1 wiseco, hpd 558, HMF full system, uni, CFM oil tank, pro design tether, suspension work by Monster Performance, HID light kit, ODI Rouge, Kalis Racing riser, Flexx bars, razr/razr2
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.