Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
TxOutlawRider

Reply with quote  #1 
Ok, I have a hopefully easy question.
  On the stock outlaw IRS rear Fox podium X shocks w/rezzies (from a 2006 outlaw 500), what rebound valving changes are usually made to them?  Do they need more rebound damping or less?  Im having a pair rebuilt and the shop said they can make the adjustments if I know what I need.  The shocks currently on mine are already revalved so I don't have any way to compare them to stock. 
  Thanks!

"Outlaws are the Chuck Norris of the quad world."
1998ls1ss

Reply with quote  #2 
Send them to Ian at monsterperf.com.  Very knowledgeable and reasonable prices. 

2014 1000 rzr4- toys for big boys radius cage. 5 point seat harness.

TxOutlawRider

Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998ls1ss
Send them to Ian at monsterperf.com.  Very knowledgeable and reasonable prices. 

The set I'm running now were revalved by Monster, and they work good. I may just take them up with me and have them set these up the same as those. 

andrews525

Reply with quote  #4 
a lot of factors play a role in re-valving a shock. your weight and riding style. Whether they are fronts or rears. whether is has a seperate reservoir or not. a lot of high end shock builders will revalve them and put an overload or secondary spring on them

Stock Podiums look like this

[s-l1000]
[2009-polaris-outlaw-atv-irs-rear-shock]
Revalved with Progressive rate springs will look like this .
[8134d1378592488-irs-rear-tune-p8181756]

The dampening is effected by the progressive springs
Hope this Helps.
TxOutlawRider

Reply with quote  #5 
Thank you Andrew, but I don't think that's a stock podium x shock, as it looks have an adjustable rebound damper on the bottom (I haven't seen any of the factory ones with that feature- the two pair I have don't have that).

Also, if that's a pic of the rear of your outlaw, you may consider having a spacer machined to act as a crossover spacer (right now its acting like one long spring with about 88.5lbs/in rate), you'll really appreciate the difference. 

andrews525

Reply with quote  #6 
no that wasn't mine that was just one I drummed up off google for you to see. Mine is currently in pieces after a fresh frame up powdercoat and only has stock crappy shox . I will have ohlins shox from a KTM quad and the rear 2 have been modified to fit an IRS- as soon as I pay for them lol . Re-Valved by Ron Elmore for my fat ass lol. IMO hes the Best in the Business.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.