Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
jaznackie

Reply with quote  #1 
I have an 05 predator Troy lee edition that I recently sent head over ass and it broke my bike. My question is did these bikes come with the upgraded pro steering stabilizer set up or did someone add that to my bike aftermarket? My next question is where the heck do I find parts for this set up?

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpeg, Views: 27, Size: 282.58 KB 

TxOutlawRider

Reply with quote  #2 
I think they came with those.., and man you hit hard to snap it off! 

"Outlaws are the Chuck Norris of the quad world."
jaznackie

Reply with quote  #3 
I bailed when I knew the bike was going over. I was at the dunes and it had rained and the wind had blown leaving those nasty ripples at the top of the dunes.
jaznackie

Reply with quote  #4 
Just to be sure I order the correct part how do you figure left from right. Is that as if you are sitting on the bike or facing the bike. I would assume it's from sitting on the bike but you know what they say about assuming
Also On my bike the steering stabilizer box is welded to my frame?? Is that correct?
TxOutlawRider

Reply with quote  #5 
 That little piece with the slight bend and the two eyelettes  (centerlink assembly) is usually good to replace while you're in there.  They get sloppy pretty fast and they sometimes bend when they get hit hard.  Fuj on the site used to build some nice ones that were indestructible and the end pieces were replaceable (Ive got on one my outlaw).
  My outlaw doesn't have a "box" on it, so I don't know what it is?  Ive got an aftermarket stabilizer/damper but its bolted on.
And yes, right and left are determined when you are setting on the quad. 

jaznackie

Reply with quote  #6 
Thank you so much for your help. The knuckle is the piece I broke but surprisingly it broke off at the second bolt and not the one on the end. I have no idea how that came to be but a new one is around $200 which is insanity. You can get the entire steering assembly for just a little more. Grrr 😡.. decisions decisions

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: IMG_0106.JPG, Views: 6, Size: 345.45 KB 

TxOutlawRider

Reply with quote  #7 
Did you check Ebay?  http://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-Predator-500-Troy-Lee-ATV-Pro-Steering-Stabilizer-Box-/351906152495?hash=item51ef3dc02f:g:jzUAAOSwXeJYKyOy&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-Polaris-Predator-500-ATV-Pro-Steering-Mount-Block-with-Links-/292042443054?fits=Make%3APolaris%7CModel%3APredator+500&hash=item43ff16092e:g:rUoAAOSwXYtYt158&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-Polaris-Predator-500-Steering-Box-Steer-L-K-/252775462063?hash=item3ada9774af:g:CUAAAOSw2gxYp0JV&vxp=mtr

jaznackie

Reply with quote  #8 
I just ordered a used one off eBay cuz I can't see spending $200 for that one part. It's like duck hunting with a rake..😃😄😅😂
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.