Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
Sameltoe

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi all, I'm trying to help a buddy out with his 03 (I believe) predator 500. He brought it to me not running after sitting for a couple years saying it died when he parked it. I rebuilt the carb and set timing, figuring it was just a tight valve issue after I checked them. After I got it back together it still doesn't run.
It will fire up and idle as long as you hold the starter button. As soon as I let off the button the spark stops. I have an in line spark tool an can watch it. I'm not much on these polaris's I have all Honda in my stable.
Any suggestions?
Thanks, Sam
distraction628

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #2 
check the etc gap on the throttle, check the circuit breakers in the black bags, that's where I would start!

Site Geographical Custodian
Reply with quote  #3 
I would bet it's the starter/light switch. Common problem with these. Try disassembling and cleaning the switch.

03' Predator HPD 558,full HMF, Kibblewhite valvetrain,full port/polish,Dyna FS ,Keihin FCR  w/MP twist,Barnett clutch & billet basket,Trail Tech billet dash,billet Torch lights, H&H 1 1/8" bars,TrailTech"Voyager"GPS, Acerbis gaurds, Full Flight +2 "A" arms,HPD +2 anti.vibe stem and dual stabilizers, custom billet tie rods&heims,frt. roller upgrade,Pro Armor case saver,AC Racing nerfs w/IMS ROLL pegs& shifter, Ballistic battery, +3" swinger,Lonestar +4" axle,Tusk Pro heels, full DG skids,Pro Aluminum grab,Blingstar bumper,UM alum.oil tank,custom radiator,Streamline rotors, AMR Graffix, gussett kit,Race Tech triple rate springs,full custom Fox Podiums w/added front res., ITP SS wheels w/ ITP Sand/Dune Stars for sand, ITP Pro Baja, w/ ITP Holeshot HD's for dirt, 03' Predator 500 (daughters) PP pipe, TRXr carb,PD intake,UNI ,no box,Jardine nerfs,Tusk heels,AC bumper,Trail Tech: fat bars,dash,Vapor,Torches, Razrs on black G-Force for dirt,AMS on red Douglas for sand
Sameltoe

Reply with quote  #4 
Thanks! That was my next venture...
I replaced the "bags" with inline fuses and unplugged the connection at the throttle and still the same results. I see the coil specs is .3-.5 and mine is .6ohms so that should be ok... I would think.

Thanks again for the reply.
Sameltoe

Reply with quote  #5 
Cleaned the switch...no go

Anybody have a link to test the stator or secondary on the coil?

Thanks
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.