Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
birdman7389

Reply with quote  #1 
I sold a set of stock Predator rear tires and rims, and the shipping is hurting the old wallet. Other than putting them in a big box, are there better methods? Like shrink wrap or something?

Gracias!

14 Toyota 4runner Sr5

Various Predators being parted out
ORION

Site Geographical Custodian
Reply with quote  #2 
A short time back, I cam across an opportunity to buy 6 full sets of Maxxis Razr2 tires (24 tires) for $600 out the door. They were used but they only had one ride on them, so they were like new. I put 24 quad tires in the truck of my '01 Nissan Sentra. The way we did it was by placing some rope on the ground in an "X" patter. Then we stacked some of the tires 6 high on the center of the "X". Then we compressed them down to the thickness of 1 tire by using a forklift. Pull the strings up and tie them in a knot, and slid the bundle off the forklift blade. No way was I going to pass up that deal. Had to find a way. You would need to dismount (free at Walmart), but overall it should save space, and probably lower shipping costs. Also, after you have the size and weight, check online with USPS, UPS, and FexEX for pricing as they sometimes differ greatly. Only other thing I can think of is to fill them up with helium rather than air, but I really doubt the shipping savings would pay for the helium. 

P6200944.JPG 

Kmack

Reply with quote  #3 
Good grief man!! Are you sure you're not from Oklahoma and just bought a new roof for your house?? LOL!!! (sorry about that any of you guys from Okla.) just couldn't resist. After all, there's nobody on the map yet from there. Ha!!

BE POSITIVE - Because, if you think you CAN or if you think you CAN'T, you are right!

2009 Outlaw 525 S
2008 KTM 525
2004 KTM 525 EXC Dual Purpose Bike
1998 Yamaha 600 Grizzly - Elk Hauler
LE Nick

Reply with quote  #4 
My gosh...you stole those things.

Site Geographical Custodian
Reply with quote  #5 
I thought it was a pretty good deal. I'm going to be buying more as soon as he has them available. 
birdman7389

Reply with quote  #6 
Haha, thats classic. Count me in for a set 
14 Toyota 4runner Sr5

Various Predators being parted out
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.