Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
Team Bricktucky

Reply with quote  #1 
Ok guys lets just say , IM NOT HAPPY , but lets also say I should have learned a lesson by reading deadmans post about a 525 build that went horrible . I should have used someone other or did the work myself But I was worried about setting the crank (which was dumb on my part)also a forum friend guru is friends with this guy and convinced me to give him a chance(way to screw that up Because my mouth aint shut)
I'm mostly here venting anger but at the same time id like to hear feedback from you guys , as to who you would use to fix my engine / crank. I'm not dropping names here because currently I'm trying to work out just what is the problem and what will be done But I'm sure somehow I will be accused of this fuck up. Also let me explain that my engine never blew up or locked up or have anything ever fail inside , It was just beat and time for a rebuild , Boy did I make a mistake taking this engine apart and sending out, should have done my own work because I really hate accusing people of bad jobs , but I also cant take the all the fault on this no matter what is said.

thoughts ? any
Rkangel

Reply with quote  #2 
When it comes to RFS motors it seems like I have a longer list of who NOT to send motors to.  More people get them wrong than get them right.  Those who I would use and who did them right, aren't doing them anymore.  One of my co-workers used to work on RFS motors when he was in California.  He ran into bad sleeves and jugs from a certain builder as well.  I'll see if he has some recommendations on KTM builders.

Reply with quote  #3 
Just a question does anyone know what the oil pressure should be inside one of these engines .
Team Bricktucky

Reply with quote  #4 
CRAP I just realized that my outlaw 525 might hold a curse . My outlaw 525s has deadmans Rath racing a-arms. He sold them to me when he gave up on his outlaw after major issue with his engine build . my engine has had the same builder and I carry his a-arm from that cursed atv. FUCK ME . no wonder why my outlaw engine hates me .
Team Bricktucky

Reply with quote  #5 
the inside of my cylinder after replacing it with a oem 95mm and stock piston. 0 riders just garage heat cycles . whats wrong here ? 13307367_10206306043830817_17602508316502576_n.jpg 
Team Bricktucky

Reply with quote  #6 
here  is what happened before this 13226883_10206234675846662_5867263125162691245_n.jpg 
Team Bricktucky

Reply with quote  #7 
13177192_10206234675726659_8838481981231562829_n.jpg 
Team Bricktucky

Reply with quote  #8 
13164308_10206234682126819_739853394756391472_n.jpg 
LEOGM5150

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #9 
Not looking good man. That is a terrible way to have someone take your $2500

MY GREATEST FEAR IS THAT WHEN I DIE MY WIFE WILL SELL MY TOYS FOR WHAT I TOLD HER I HAVE INTO THEM...

2014 POLARIS RZR 4 900 EPS
2012 POLARIS RZR 4 900 XP
2008 POLARIS RZR 800
2008 POLARIS OUTLAW 525S LE
2007 POLARIS OUTLAW 525 IRS
2000 400 RCR TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2001 400 TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2005 SKI DOO 1000 TWO STROKE SAND SLED
Team Bricktucky

Reply with quote  #10 
you know it bro , you know it. not a new story here , same old same old.
LEOGM5150

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #11 
i am sorry to hear it i know it is painful.

MY GREATEST FEAR IS THAT WHEN I DIE MY WIFE WILL SELL MY TOYS FOR WHAT I TOLD HER I HAVE INTO THEM...

2014 POLARIS RZR 4 900 EPS
2012 POLARIS RZR 4 900 XP
2008 POLARIS RZR 800
2008 POLARIS OUTLAW 525S LE
2007 POLARIS OUTLAW 525 IRS
2000 400 RCR TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2001 400 TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2005 SKI DOO 1000 TWO STROKE SAND SLED
distraction628

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Team, what rod did they use? What piston is that? Double check the ring gap? I know it's not gonna be spot on now, just a reference. The oil squirt jet pull it and see if it has debris in it. Usually when  The intake side gets scraped like that, it's a oval cylinder or lack of oil. The crack on the bottom makes me think the cylinder wasn't perfect.

Reply with quote  #13 
It doesn't look like the ring broke so I'm assuming that the gap was sufficient, but it looks like the piston to wall clearance was too tight and maybe not checked before assembly?  It could've caused the crack as well.  The oil squirt jet is an interesting idea, but for just heat cycling it in the garage with no real load or rpm I wouldn't think it would have caused that (I mean there are lots of engines out there that don't use them at all and that doesn't happen).   
  By any chance do you have a pic of the top of that piston? Are there any cracks or chipping?

"Outlaws are the Chuck Norris of the quad world."
Team Bricktucky

Reply with quote  #14 
The first picture is what is currently running in the engine. It has 0 rides . That cylinder is a oem original and so is the piston. The next three pictures are of a resleeve 89mm  and a cp Piston at 12:1. The rod is a carillo rod standard lenth .  When I took the topend off I flushed the engine as best I could and I DID blow out the oil Jet that sqirts the piston.
Team Bricktucky

Reply with quote  #15 
also the cooked piston and cylinder HAD THREE RIDES. the first pictures of the inside are the 0 hour cylinder I have together right now.
Team Bricktucky

Reply with quote  #16 
no pics of the top of the piston . I already sent it back to , JUST WAITING TO HEAR FROM  .
Rkangel

Reply with quote  #17 
Wow... I would be upset, too.  This much damage with a few garage heat cycles tells me someone at Thumper is either not checking their work, or using bad parts, or a combination of the two.  Are they standing behind anything on this? 

Reply with quote  #18 
I don't know , I left a message for them and haven't heard anything yet.
Team Bricktucky

Reply with quote  #19 
I have another cylinder and piston coming back . I was given a very good discount . Was told it could have had and with my jetting should be too lean. But I'm not buying that because the engine wont run with the next bigger main jet. However being that he does know these engines so well I will check my carb, maybe something is in there but it runs so perfect. either way I did send him another carb that I had for him to bore out so when I get that back I will install that carb.
so far everything has been taken care of . I'm just going to bug out about the crank for awhile.

I did get a scolding earful Because of my badmouthing, Like I said to him I spent the money to get the job done right the first time , sorry that I wrote what I wrote but you'd be mad too. overall he understood I guess although there was mention of not wanting to do work for me, understandable , I guess I did put my foot in my mouth , Even again by telling you guys how this has gone. Sorry but I run my mouth a lot when I'm not happy , I'm from NEW JERSEY would you expect anything other. sorry again . lets get this right that is all I care about.
Team Bricktucky

Reply with quote  #20 
blame game and I cant do a thing about it , so lets just fix my engine. heres my money fix it . are we friends yet ? where is my parts , there not here yet !!!! [character0029][thumb]
ORION

Site Geographical Custodian
Reply with quote  #21 
Every single time I have ever paid someone else to "fix" my shit, I got screwed. Every damn time. Fix it yourself and you will have problems, but not NEARLY as many. I wont "bore" you with the list, but to say the least - MANY mechanics have taught me that I need to do my own work. My blood boils when I think of all the people that fucked me over on repairs. Anyone with experience in this matter could excuse the language.
Team Bricktucky

Reply with quote  #22 
Yup , I'm doing everything myself for now on .  I would have done everything myself before but time is hard to find because I work offshore . that is why I try to find a good builder to do SOME of my work. Most of the time tho , I do my own rebuilds. The lesson here is , If I had done everything myself from the beginning , My poor 525 would have been done way earlier and cost way way less , without any headaches .

I should have sent the crank to falicon, use the mint 525 cylinder I still have running, and everything would have been good . Right now it is running but lets just say I don't trust it.  I did get my issue with the builder straight . and he made good for me but it still cost me some bucks. But hey he has to run a business I guess ! I hope I didn't burn any bridges , But give me a break I'm from New Jersey we run our mouths a lot here , so FORGET ABOUT IT !
the question now is do I install the 540 cylinder kit he sent me , or should I just leave it alone ? I could drop that 540 kit on the 525 and then use the 525 cylinder on my 450. My poor 450 outlaw sure could use that 525 cylinder but other then leaking oil, it still runs great.
Rkangel

Reply with quote  #23 
I guess it would depend on the parts he used and the quality control.  No matter what, I would definitely check and re-check that everything is in spec, cylinder is round and true, ring gap is correct, sleeve was installed straight, etc...

Reply with quote  #24 
it runs good as a 525.i might leave it alone and save the 540.
Deadman

Reply with quote  #25 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Bricktucky
CRAP I just realized that my outlaw 525 might hold a curse . My outlaw 525s has deadmans Rath racing a-arms. He sold them to me when he gave up on his outlaw after major issue with his engine build . my engine has had the same builder and I carry his a-arm from that cursed atv. FUCK ME . no wonder why my outlaw engine hates me .

Just read this!  LMAO!  They sure build some junk and take their sweet zzz time doing it too!  

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.