Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
kiwi-craig

Reply with quote  #1 
Does anyone make a high density replacement seat foam for the 09 +. Outlaws ?...

Aggressive riding on the irs today hanging off the side, seat base is drilling me in the thigh..... Foam is miles to soft........

KTM XC 554 2009, lots of trick stuff, 68hp / 44 ft lbs of brute force, ultra lite crank & lite flywhee, full JB / PEP suspension all wrapped in white plastic

Polaris 525 IRS 2011, the new toy ! LSR A arms, shortened Front MXR shocks & custom springs, PP bumper, nerfs and rear grab bar, Revalved and resprung rear end, FUJ lowering blocks, FUJ adj sway bar. Taper bars / hand guards / Trail tech GPS unit.
Engine: Yoshi slip on, kiwi custom intake, hi flo water pump, Modded carb (41mm rejetted & adj accel pump).
next round of mods: 8-33 cam / fastway steering damper / BB kit /lite flywheel all on the shelf waiting for install........

LTR 495 2007, 200 hrs and still going like a rocket, BB kit transformed this engine + yoshi motard cams, it hauls.
Kmack

Reply with quote  #2 
You know, i need to pay more attention maybe. I thought it was the edge of the rear fender that was getting me.

BE POSITIVE - Because, if you think you CAN or if you think you CAN'T, you are right!

2009 Outlaw 525 S
2008 KTM 525
2004 KTM 525 EXC Dual Purpose Bike
1998 Yamaha 600 Grizzly - Elk Hauler
Justo

Reply with quote  #3 
Ive been planning on doing something about that same issue... I get some pretty crazy bruises after a day of of riding.
Justo

Reply with quote  #4 
I think it's where the seat comes to a point on the sides
kiwi-craig

Reply with quote  #5 
yup, the seat edge lip, not enough foam there, seat is actually slightly hollow in profile through there.  That and  the foam bottoms through easy and ya butt is onto the base.......  I've had the same seat edge problem real bad on YFZ's and the KTM's foam sacks out over time also   Best stock seat (apart from the slippery cover) is the LTR by miles IMO.

I've used CEET high density foams on the YFZ's, worked really good.   and use a high density foam with the KTM seat also - quad pros i think   

just cant seem to find anything for the polaris. Stock seat cover is slippery as hell also so thats gonna go...... slip sliding all over the place !!!

might just have to resort to adding high density foam into the stocker.

does polaris sell a replacement foam ?

KTM XC 554 2009, lots of trick stuff, 68hp / 44 ft lbs of brute force, ultra lite crank & lite flywhee, full JB / PEP suspension all wrapped in white plastic

Polaris 525 IRS 2011, the new toy ! LSR A arms, shortened Front MXR shocks & custom springs, PP bumper, nerfs and rear grab bar, Revalved and resprung rear end, FUJ lowering blocks, FUJ adj sway bar. Taper bars / hand guards / Trail tech GPS unit.
Engine: Yoshi slip on, kiwi custom intake, hi flo water pump, Modded carb (41mm rejetted & adj accel pump).
next round of mods: 8-33 cam / fastway steering damper / BB kit /lite flywheel all on the shelf waiting for install........

LTR 495 2007, 200 hrs and still going like a rocket, BB kit transformed this engine + yoshi motard cams, it hauls.
Justo

Reply with quote  #6 
I have a seat that was a "prototype" at polaris on the shelf. the foam is alot more dense, and you can see the foam is allot thicker on those corners. But for some reason they decided not to use this seat on the production models.
kiwi-craig

Reply with quote  #7 
Do you want to part with it......

Justo

Reply with quote  #8 
Not really. Sometime I want to copy the design of it. .. I'll snap some pics for you when I get a chance
Jcooksey

Reply with quote  #9 
Try CT Racing they had some seat issues with their Polaris machines and I believe they came up with a modification for it.
kiwi-craig

Reply with quote  #10 
Has anyone found a replacement....... My seat os dead, totally killed my butt this last weekend........

ORION

Site Geographical Custodian
Reply with quote  #11 
I have never been impressed with the average seat. If its a dirt bike or quad or even a jet ski seat, they are not very durable and never really does what you want it to do. I think we need a new seat option. Not sure how or what though. 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.