Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
Gcarbon73

Reply with quote  #1 
Hey guys,

My ball joints are seized and won't come out. They are so bad, the ball popped out of the back. See photo. I have nothing to "press" them out.

Anyone on here I can send them to and get them out? I'll reinstall the new one's I have.

Please post and PM if you can help.

Thanks!

2009 Outlaw 525 IRS: Rekluse Z-Start Pro, +1 Rath Arms, LSR +1 Stem, Elka Stage 5's Front and Rear, Flexx Bars w/ODI grips, Labtek Steering Stabilizer, L8ton Custom Sway Bar, Ranchero Carb, Twin Air Filter, EHS Lid, HFM Competition Pipe, Gaffler Front Rotors, HiPer Fronts, OMF SBL Rears.
LE Nick

Reply with quote  #2 
I can do it for you.  Heck, send the new ones and I can install them as well.  I had this happen on one of the ball joints I pressed out.

All I use is a piece of pipe that is the same ID as the ball joint OD.  I then use a socket to press on the remaining part of the ball joint to remove it.  I'm guessing you could find a machine shop in your area that could do it a lot quicker and most likely a lot cheaper though.

Reply with quote  #3 
I don't mind sending them to you. Wanted to get them re-powdered silver too. Do you do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LE Nick
I can do it for you.  Heck, send the new ones and I can install them as well.  I had this happen on one of the ball joints I pressed out.

All I use is a piece of pipe that is the same ID as the ball joint OD.  I then use a socket to press on the remaining part of the ball joint to remove it.  I'm guessing you could find a machine shop in your area that could do it a lot quicker and most likely a lot cheaper though.

2009 Outlaw 525 IRS: Rekluse Z-Start Pro, +1 Rath Arms, LSR +1 Stem, Elka Stage 5's Front and Rear, Flexx Bars w/ODI grips, Labtek Steering Stabilizer, L8ton Custom Sway Bar, Ranchero Carb, Twin Air Filter, EHS Lid, HFM Competition Pipe, Gaffler Front Rotors, HiPer Fronts, OMF SBL Rears.
LE Nick

Reply with quote  #4 
Ummm...kind of...I still have yet to get my system down pat and I don't want to do sub par work for someone else.

http://www.polarisproriders.com/post/my-powdercoating-experience-6835611?pid=1282240960#post1282240960

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #5 
I've always used a vice with good luck.
SOLD - 08 Outlaw IRS Uni filter,O-ring mod, Cycra hand guards, 2" Rox anti-vibe risers, HMF Sport pipe, ODI Rogue grips (thanks PPR),Pro Armor Kill switch, IMS Nerfs and heel guards, PP grab bar, PRM Outlaw front bumper, Rekluse clutch, Precision Stabilizer & Flexx bars.

02 Scrambler 400 4x4
86 TRX250R
Gcarbon73

Reply with quote  #6 
These are seized badly
Gcarbon73

Reply with quote  #7 
Nick, I saw your bumper. That's good enough for me. This is my "spare" set of arms, but need them for a short period.

What do you say?

LE Nick

Reply with quote  #8 
PM sent your way.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.