Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
cobra131

Reply with quote  #1 
I have an 03 preddy I want to switch it over to the updated pattern I have the hubs. I need help what other atvs rear rims fit on the preddy and also what does it mean +3+5 for some reason I read that some where for the rear rims thanks
Samiller2863

Reply with quote  #2 
the newer preddys have a bolt pattern of 4x156 up front(which is the old bolt pattern) and 4x110 in the back. you can google "what atvs have 4x110 bolt pattern" and a lsit should come up or a website has a list hope this helps!

Reply with quote  #3 
That helps thanks but what’s the 3+5 mean does this have an impact on the size of the rim?
Samiller2863

Reply with quote  #4 
If I am not mistaken I believe that is the offset. Offset is how far your lugs are from the edge of the rim. So if it’s a concave wheel (spokes are not flush with the outer face of the rim) you might have a 3” distance between the lugs and the face of the rim while you also have a 5” distance between the lugs and the back face of the rim. If it’s a +3+5 it should theoretically be an 8” wide rim. Hope this helps! If not let me know and I can do some digging to find a better explanation

Reply with quote  #5 
Found a video for ya!
https://www.pureoffroad.com/atv_wheel_offset_guide.htm

Reply with quote  #6 
Thanks for the video I’m the kind of guy that needs to see something to understand it better thanks again
Samiller2863

Reply with quote  #7 
Glad I could help ya

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #8 
03 Rims were 4-156 front and rear.  04 and up changed to 4-110 rear and 4-156 fronts.  4-110 is a very common size rim the 4-156 was not.  As for the +3 +5, that is the off-set for the rim. 

When i setup my predator for flat track i was only allowed 48" wide stance.  So I did a +3 on the left rear and a +5 or +6 on the right rear. that got me to my 48" and put more off on the outside of my turn.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.