Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
brownel02

Reply with quote  #1 
I am looking for a set of rear rims to use for snow tires.  What 9" or 10" rims will fit on the IRS?  I understand the bolt pattern is a typical 4/110 but the offset is the limiting factor, 7/2.  What other offsets will work and be the closest to our stockers?  Looking for something readily available from a production year quad, honda, yammie...  any help?

Thanks

LE Nick

Reply with quote  #2 
To keep the stock offset, none.  You're stuck with IRS rims.

Reply with quote  #3 
I am ok with going a touch wider, maybe 2-3 inches total.  I should have put that in the OP.  Thanks

Rkangel

Reply with quote  #4 
Douglas stopped making their 10" wheels for the IRS but you can still get 9".  Some of us have been harping on them to bring back their 10" wheels.

Reply with quote  #5 
anything other than custom or stock and you are at least 5" wider
2016 2500hd
2003 GMC Sierra 1500hd Quadrasteer Yes i know my rear wheels are crooked! http://www.youtube.com/user/dustinwpearce
Commi-chusetts
TYLER329

Reply with quote  #6 
Hiper Tech makes a 10" as well. I had a set but can't remember what the back spacing was......
TxOutlawRider

Reply with quote  #7 
I don't know if you could get a 9"  Honda rim, cap the valve stem hole and add one to the other side flip it around and make it work. The problems seems to be with the 10", as it is such an unpopular rim size that the choices are almost nothing (Outlaw IRS and Honda 700xx). 
  As a side note, I went from the 9" to the 10" rim on my outlaw and it made the rear feel different, but I can't say for sure it was just the rims because I changed a bunch of other stuff too... including the tires.  

"Outlaws are the Chuck Norris of the quad world."
TYLER329

Reply with quote  #8 
10's in the rear will let the rear slide laterally a little better but have less vertical dampening because of the shorter sidewall. Overall for XC I like the 9's much better.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.