Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
outlaw5oo

Reply with quote  #1 
My07 500 rear end started clanking and feels like binding up and popping. I noticed that my chain side inner boot had a small tear in it with a little grease coming out. Is it just the inner cv that's bad or ive heard the the whole carrier needs to be replaced. At $599 for the assembly plus all the other wheel bearings a new carrier isn't in my picture its just not financially smart when the quad itself is worth around 1500 or so.
Rkangel

Reply with quote  #2 
The click is usually caused by groves worn in the cv hub.  The hub is available separately for $569.99. 
Personally, I would get the whole rear axle assembly (P/N 1521150) if/when it becomes available at the end of September, first of October.  It is $599 and includes the everything from the CV joints, hub, and axles, to the bearings. 

Reply with quote  #3 
I'm fine with the clicking because I'm ready to just move on from this quad up to a renegade 800. I just need to make it rideable again. So I'm hoping the cv will take care of that. I feel as if this quad is polaris's bastard child everything is expensive to fix and quality just isn't there.
Rkangel

Reply with quote  #4 
That's the plight of many Polaris owners.  We love their ideas but can be disappointed by their implementation and Q/C. 

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.