Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
ken05500

Reply with quote  #1 
Has anyone ever swapped there throttle from thumb to twist on the predator? If so ....shoot me in the right direction on what brand a any more info would be great ....thanks
redpred

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #2 
I did it I used motion pro but remember when you turn left @ lockout your throttle can spin and give you whiskey throttle

07 525 irs outlaw {wideload}we
04 r6

n more
ken05500

Reply with quote  #3 
Hmm.... I don't like that but really think I would like the feel of the twist ......but don't need unwanted revving....
Deadman

Reply with quote  #4 
Twist would make me wreck often. Lol

Reply with quote  #5 
I'm running a +1 LSR stem and pro taper bars and I hate the look of that big black plastic box for the trottle ....but def don't want the whiskey throttle I've heard of guys swapping for Honda thumb throttle but what is the electrical plug for in the factory one?
05pred500

Reply with quote  #6 
That's just a safety switch they can get tucked away somewhere. I am currently working on installing a honda throttle on mine, I am having a part being made to take out slack in the cable
2005 predator 558 - falicon supercrank w/ knife rod, ss valves, 12.5:1 wiseco, hpd 558, HMF full system, uni, CFM oil tank, pro design tether, suspension work by Monster Performance, HID light kit, ODI Rouge, Kalis Racing riser, Flexx bars, razr/razr2
LEOGM5150

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #7 
yeah i tried a twist throttle on 4 or 5 atvs back in 2005 and 2006. after having street bikes and dirt bikes for 20 years i thought it would just be a natural fit but after finding out that no matter how skilled or how careful you take it, it is not the same. leaning on a bike cannot be the same as on an atv. eventually you will have to push or wrench on the bars to avoid a cliff or boulder or another rider ect. and that is when you will go full throttle at the worst time. i have flipped and hurt my self and my atv on each of them that i had a twist throttle on. never again.

MY GREATEST FEAR IS THAT WHEN I DIE MY WIFE WILL SELL MY TOYS FOR WHAT I TOLD HER I HAVE INTO THEM...

2014 POLARIS RZR 4 900 EPS
2012 POLARIS RZR 4 900 XP
2008 POLARIS RZR 800
2008 POLARIS OUTLAW 525S LE
2007 POLARIS OUTLAW 525 IRS
2000 400 RCR TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2001 400 TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2005 SKI DOO 1000 TWO STROKE SAND SLED
pimpedpredators

Site Geographical Custodian
Reply with quote  #8 
One of the first mods I had to do to both of mine. I had a mid-level motion pro on my B.B but after putting a "top of the line" one with metal tube on my daughters, and liked it so much better that I put one on mine, when I put on my new FCR . As for safety, I have been riding for 35 years, and I have had "accidental" throttle issues with both.I have never liked them, so I put twists on all my toys, even my YFM350 utility quad has Renthal fat bars and a twist. I guess what im saying is, do what YOU feel is most comfortable/confident. If you grew up hangin' onto  2 strokes like i did, (including a new 1991 LT250R, that I still have)then these 4 strokes will be a peice of cake. By the way, the mid-line Motion Pro is $35ish top of line $50ish.
03' Predator HPD 558,full HMF, Kibblewhite valvetrain,full port/polish,Dyna FS ,Keihin FCR  w/MP twist,Barnett clutch & billet basket,Trail Tech billet dash,billet Torch lights, H&H 1 1/8" bars,TrailTech"Voyager"GPS, Acerbis gaurds, Full Flight +2 "A" arms,HPD +2 anti.vibe stem and dual stabilizers, custom billet tie rods&heims,frt. roller upgrade,Pro Armor case saver,AC Racing nerfs w/IMS ROLL pegs& shifter, Ballistic battery, +3" swinger,Lonestar +4" axle,Tusk Pro heels, full DG skids,Pro Aluminum grab,Blingstar bumper,UM alum.oil tank,custom radiator,Streamline rotors, AMR Graffix, gussett kit,Race Tech triple rate springs,full custom Fox Podiums w/added front res., ITP SS wheels w/ ITP Sand/Dune Stars for sand, ITP Pro Baja, w/ ITP Holeshot HD's for dirt, 03' Predator 500 (daughters) PP pipe, TRXr carb,PD intake,UNI ,no box,Jardine nerfs,Tusk heels,AC bumper,Trail Tech: fat bars,dash,Vapor,Torches, Razrs on black G-Force for dirt,AMS on red Douglas for sand
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.