Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
04 Preddy

Reply with quote  #1 
Over the 4th of July weekend I took a trip to Island Park, ID.  Beautiful area, miles and miles of riding.  In fact one day, we rode over to West Yellowstone from Island Park.  It was a great ride, I suggest adding that trip to your bucket list.

At any rate, on to the reason for the post.  Last summer, I was out at Little Sahara, riding in 100+ heat.  After climbing Sand Mtn, I saw that the overheat light turned on, it quickly turned off after I headed back down.  I came home, did some research of how to help the engine run cooler and swapped the coolant over to engine Ice.  I didn't really pay attention before, but it seems like my fan is always on (Not on when engine is cold, sitting overnight or for several hours).  Even cruising around in 60-70 degree weather, and not hard on the throttle, casual riding at a decent pace (25-40) mph the fan is usually on.

Normal?  Abnormal?  

Thanks,

1996 Yamaha Banshee (Sold)- FMF Fatty Pipes w/ PowerCore ll Silencers, Pro-Design Cool Head, Mikuni Flatslide Carbs, Various Engine Work, etc.

2000 Honda 400ex (Sold)

1991 Honda 250-X (Sold)
05pred500

Reply with quote  #2 
I would say that is normal. My fan runs a decent amount as well, I think it is just the nature of the beast. It almost never comes on in the winter but get into spring and summer it will run more.
2005 predator 558 - falicon supercrank w/ knife rod, ss valves, 12.5:1 wiseco, hpd 558, HMF full system, uni, CFM oil tank, pro design tether, suspension work by Monster Performance, HID light kit, ODI Rouge, Kalis Racing riser, Flexx bars, razr/razr2
_ihap523

Reply with quote  #3 
Mine is always running. Get a temperature sticker from factory effex if you're worried about it
joshr08

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #4 
If mines not on I get worried.
TxOutlawRider

Reply with quote  #5 
Kinda side tracking the thread, but I was just up at Island Park/West Yellowstone a couple weeks ago to see Yellowstone Park, and I saw a bunch of atvs riding around there.   I remember thinking "next time Im here I need to trailer the quads out". 

"Outlaws are the Chuck Norris of the quad world."
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.