Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
jaznackie

Reply with quote  #1 
looking for starting point for jetting a keihin 450r carb on my predator. Thought I would check if anyone rides glamis and has that carb would tell me what they are using that would be very helpful.
jaznackie

Reply with quote  #2 
No takers... I am just going to try to start with a 155 - 160 and see how it goes unless anyone wants to put in their 2 cents [smile]
pimpedpredators

Site Geographical Custodian
Reply with quote  #3 
I run Keihin FCR's on my Predators and have gone as high as a 175, on a stock 500 w/ P.P. pipe.I run open UNI filters w/ 2 1/2"X6" tubes, this is the setup i run on all 3 of my Preddys. I highly recommend buying the HRC jetting kit, great taper for sand.My B.B.558 likes a little more 180-185 depending on time of year, also my B.B. is ridden only in sand, it stumbles sometimes at lower speeds, but im not going slow very often, anyways! I like to keep my idle a little high also, it will help when taking off with a richer mix. One more thing, get a flex jet, getting to that adj. screw is a bitch, and HOT!  I found myself not wanting to mess with it much because it was such a bitch , with the Flex, I was alot more willing to fine tune because it was so easy. P3250081.JPG  P3260084.JPG   

03' Predator HPD 558,full HMF, Kibblewhite valvetrain,full port/polish,Dyna FS ,Keihin FCR  w/MP twist,Barnett clutch & billet basket,Trail Tech billet dash,billet Torch lights, H&H 1 1/8" bars,TrailTech"Voyager"GPS, Acerbis gaurds, Full Flight +2 "A" arms,HPD +2 anti.vibe stem and dual stabilizers, custom billet tie rods&heims,frt. roller upgrade,Pro Armor case saver,AC Racing nerfs w/IMS ROLL pegs& shifter, Ballistic battery, +3" swinger,Lonestar +4" axle,Tusk Pro heels, full DG skids,Pro Aluminum grab,Blingstar bumper,UM alum.oil tank,custom radiator,Streamline rotors, AMR Graffix, gussett kit,Race Tech triple rate springs,full custom Fox Podiums w/added front res., ITP SS wheels w/ ITP Sand/Dune Stars for sand, ITP Pro Baja, w/ ITP Holeshot HD's for dirt, 03' Predator 500 (daughters) PP pipe, TRXr carb,PD intake,UNI ,no box,Jardine nerfs,Tusk heels,AC bumper,Trail Tech: fat bars,dash,Vapor,Torches, Razrs on black G-Force for dirt,AMS on red Douglas for sand
jaznackie

Reply with quote  #4 
Thanks for the info. very much appreciated. Out of curiosity how did you set up the throttle cable on your bikes. The Honda throttle cable seemed to be a little bit short no matter which way I ran it.

Flex Screw advice taken, already discovered the burnt flesh smell that comes from the bike when trying to make adjustments[evilgrin0007]
pimpedpredators

Site Geographical Custodian
Reply with quote  #5 
I make my own cables these days, I have tried in the past to generate some interest in having the proper cables made for this swap specifically. I have made several cables for this set-up, and believe i have come up with the best design for it. I run twist throttles on all my toys so they may not be exactly right for a thumber. Here are some pics of my set-ups. I modify the upper motor mount and top of carb for clearance. I also re-route the vacuum port on top cap,as well as several other mods for adapting. 10-01-14_1748.jpg  10-01-14_1743.jpg  10-14-14_1703.jpg  P3250081.JPG  P3260084.JPG 

also also. 10-10-14_1228.jpg  10-01-14_1749.jpg  10-01-14_1747.jpg 

03' Predator HPD 558,full HMF, Kibblewhite valvetrain,full port/polish,Dyna FS ,Keihin FCR  w/MP twist,Barnett clutch & billet basket,Trail Tech billet dash,billet Torch lights, H&H 1 1/8" bars,TrailTech"Voyager"GPS, Acerbis gaurds, Full Flight +2 "A" arms,HPD +2 anti.vibe stem and dual stabilizers, custom billet tie rods&heims,frt. roller upgrade,Pro Armor case saver,AC Racing nerfs w/IMS ROLL pegs& shifter, Ballistic battery, +3" swinger,Lonestar +4" axle,Tusk Pro heels, full DG skids,Pro Aluminum grab,Blingstar bumper,UM alum.oil tank,custom radiator,Streamline rotors, AMR Graffix, gussett kit,Race Tech triple rate springs,full custom Fox Podiums w/added front res., ITP SS wheels w/ ITP Sand/Dune Stars for sand, ITP Pro Baja, w/ ITP Holeshot HD's for dirt, 03' Predator 500 (daughters) PP pipe, TRXr carb,PD intake,UNI ,no box,Jardine nerfs,Tusk heels,AC bumper,Trail Tech: fat bars,dash,Vapor,Torches, Razrs on black G-Force for dirt,AMS on red Douglas for sand
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.