Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
cobra131

Reply with quote  #1 
I was wondering if anybody made something to cover the battery or at least the connections from mud and water
ORION

Site Geographical Custodian
Reply with quote  #2 
Got tired of battery problems, so I bought a new one and wrapped it up in some thin foam padding, and then covered that with black electrical tape. It insulates it from the cold for better starting, and also keeps the mud off of it. I added some vents as well, so it can breath. Sounds kinda ghetto, but it actually tuned out pretty well. My battery is located under my front bumper/rack for easier access, so it needed some protection from the elements. 
cobra131

Reply with quote  #3 
My battery is located in the original spot under the rear fender it also a gel battery looking for some ideas to keep it dry and clean
ORION

Site Geographical Custodian
Reply with quote  #4 
I would probably relocate it. Is there room in the bottom of the air box, or some place similar? Walmart sells longer battery cables super cheap and they have a large selection. Another option would be to buy a plastic box of some sort and modify it to enclose that battery. If your in a hurry, just spay a bunch of expanding foam around it, and trim off the excess when it dries. 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.