Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
04 Preddy

Reply with quote  #1 
Question for you gurus.  Last time I had the Predator out for a rip, I heard a metallic creaking noise periodically, not a consistent thing, nor loud, could barely hear it at idle when rolling, I figured the wheels were loose as I had this happen before.  I tightened them up, and while I was out there, I decided to grease the axle bearings.  To my surprise, it took probably 20-30 pumps before I had grease squiring out one side of the carrier.  The bearings seem tight still, and I don't notice noise anymore, but I am headed on a week long trip to Island Park, ID and am taking it with to explore trails there and hit up St. Anthony.

In your opinion, do you think I'm ok to ride on the bearings?  

Thanks,

1996 Yamaha Banshee (Sold)- FMF Fatty Pipes w/ PowerCore ll Silencers, Pro-Design Cool Head, Mikuni Flatslide Carbs, Various Engine Work, etc.

2000 Honda 400ex (Sold)

1991 Honda 250-X (Sold)
_ihap523

Reply with quote  #2 
Take your bearings out and check them shouldn't take more than 20minutes to get the bearings out
05pred500

Reply with quote  #3 
Agreed, check out your bearing races and seals.
2005 predator 558 - falicon supercrank w/ knife rod, ss valves, 12.5:1 wiseco, hpd 558, HMF full system, uni, CFM oil tank, pro design tether, suspension work by Monster Performance, HID light kit, ODI Rouge, Kalis Racing riser, Flexx bars, razr/razr2
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.