Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
ORION

Site Geographical Custodian
Reply with quote  #51 
Uh, I'm near Seattle, Wa. Are any of those riding areas in the same hemisphere as me? 
Gcarbon73

Reply with quote  #52 
I'm sorry for the late reply fellas.

The dates for this ride is Sept 26, 27&28. The plan is to enter in and around the RockHouse trail system. The trailsheaven.com site has more info about the trail and local accommodations. Jon and I are working together on what to do each day. Stay tuned on that stuff as they develop.

Hopefully, now that you guys have the dates....you can plan accordingly.

Jon will chime in here soon.

2009 Outlaw 525 IRS: Rekluse Z-Start Pro, +1 Rath Arms, LSR +1 Stem, Elka Stage 5's Front and Rear, Flexx Bars w/ODI grips, Labtek Steering Stabilizer, L8ton Custom Sway Bar, Ranchero Carb, Twin Air Filter, EHS Lid, HFM Competition Pipe, Gaffler Front Rotors, HiPer Fronts, OMF SBL Rears.
outlaw525

KHill118
Reply with quote  #53 
Damn I'm out then have a race that weekend.
-IXCR #118
08' KTM 450xc
10' Polaris Outlaw 576 XCR 
07' Polaris Outlaw 525 IRS 

Gcarbon73

Reply with quote  #54 
Yeah, I'll be missing a race on the 28th as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw525
Damn I'm out then have a race that weekend.

2009 Outlaw 525 IRS: Rekluse Z-Start Pro, +1 Rath Arms, LSR +1 Stem, Elka Stage 5's Front and Rear, Flexx Bars w/ODI grips, Labtek Steering Stabilizer, L8ton Custom Sway Bar, Ranchero Carb, Twin Air Filter, EHS Lid, HFM Competition Pipe, Gaffler Front Rotors, HiPer Fronts, OMF SBL Rears.
525polaris10

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #55 
Gene pretty much summed it up. I will be there from Tuesday the 23rd and riding wed thru sat and maybe Sunday. Rockhouse seems like the best all around spot for riding and accommodations.
Guys who want to go should look for a stay right around there. Stays are fairly cheap as well.

2010 IRS http://www.polarisproriders.com/post/My-IRS-build-6344146?trail=#1
2007 Ktm 250 xcf-w
2012 klx250 supermoto
2008 silverado
I'd like to thank my sponsors-Chase, Paypal, and PPR
08IRS

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #56 
Who all thinks they are going?
SOLD - 08 Outlaw IRS Uni filter,O-ring mod, Cycra hand guards, 2" Rox anti-vibe risers, HMF Sport pipe, ODI Rogue grips (thanks PPR),Pro Armor Kill switch, IMS Nerfs and heel guards, PP grab bar, PRM Outlaw front bumper, Rekluse clutch, Precision Stabilizer & Flexx bars.

02 Scrambler 400 4x4
86 TRX250R
525polaris10

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #57 
Well me and gene are set and booked. 24th Wednesday, and driving back home on Monday.
2007 Ktm 250 xcf-w
2012 klx250 supermoto
2008 silverado
08IRS

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #58 
I am booked.  I will be arriving late Thursday night and leaving early Sunday.  I am bringing a good friend and his father who both love to ride.  They will be on 500 Sportsmans and I will be bringing my TRX250R and my 400 Scrambler 4x4 to ride.

Now it's time to replace the lights on my trailer and get 2 new tires for the road trip.

Anyone else going?

The Countdown is on!

SOLD - 08 Outlaw IRS Uni filter,O-ring mod, Cycra hand guards, 2" Rox anti-vibe risers, HMF Sport pipe, ODI Rogue grips (thanks PPR),Pro Armor Kill switch, IMS Nerfs and heel guards, PP grab bar, PRM Outlaw front bumper, Rekluse clutch, Precision Stabilizer & Flexx bars.

02 Scrambler 400 4x4
86 TRX250R
Gcarbon73

Reply with quote  #59 
08IRS,

Please PM Jon and I your email address and phone number if you want to meet up and ride on Fri and/or Sat. Jon and I will spend the day Thurs figuring out where to go.

Anyone else going?

08IRS

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #60 
Gene, I sent you my info.  I will be in late Thursday night and my crew will be pumped and ready to ride on Friday.

02 Scrambler 400 4x4
86 TRX250R
08IRS

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #61 
Having 4 new tires installed on my trailer today.  Quads are almost ready.

02 Scrambler 400 4x4
86 TRX250R
525polaris10

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #62 
I'm almost done. Just a few last min things. Dirtbike and quad are fresh and ready to be destroyed! Just changed all my fluids in my truck, spark plugs and wires as well as fuel injector service. I think I'm ready for my 10 hour drive!
2007 Ktm 250 xcf-w
2012 klx250 supermoto
2008 silverado
08IRS

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #63 
Well the quads are as ready as they are going to get.  After looking at my trailer closely and getting a second opinion it turns out I have a bent axle.  So I spent all day swapping it out.  What a job, it is hard by yourself.

02 Scrambler 400 4x4
86 TRX250R
Kmack

Reply with quote  #64 
Yes indeed, have done that!!! A real PITA!!! Solid labor!!!

BE POSITIVE - Because, if you think you CAN or if you think you CAN'T, you are right!

2009 Outlaw 525 S
2008 KTM 525
2004 KTM 525 EXC Dual Purpose Bike
1998 Yamaha 600 Grizzly - Elk Hauler
LEOGM5150

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #65 
yeah no fun attall.

MY GREATEST FEAR IS THAT WHEN I DIE MY WIFE WILL SELL MY TOYS FOR WHAT I TOLD HER I HAVE INTO THEM...

2014 POLARIS RZR 4 900 EPS
2012 POLARIS RZR 4 900 XP
2008 POLARIS RZR 800
2008 POLARIS OUTLAW 525S LE
2007 POLARIS OUTLAW 525 IRS
2000 400 RCR TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2001 400 TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2005 SKI DOO 1000 TWO STROKE SAND SLED
Xpred

Reply with quote  #66 
Oh the joy of preparing for a riding trip. It is a lot of work. Most people that go on vacation don't understand how much work is involved when you vacation revolves around mechanical stuff. Have a fun and safe trip guys. Prayers for safe travel and safe riding

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #67 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpred
Oh the joy of preparing for a riding trip. It is a lot of work. Most people that go on vacation don't understand how much work is involved when you vacation revolves around mechanical stuff. Have a fun and safe trip guys. Prayers for safe travel and safe riding

How true, a normal vacation you pack your bags and go.  You don't need to worry about  your truck, trailer, quads, toolsc etc...

02 Scrambler 400 4x4
86 TRX250R
Gcarbon73

Reply with quote  #68 
Thanks Xpred. I set sail an hour ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpred

08IRS

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #69 
Waiting to leave is hard...I am waiting for my friends to get off of work.

The trailer is loaded and ready.  I just need to pickup my passengers and we are off.

02 Scrambler 400 4x4
86 TRX250R
08IRS

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #70 
It was nice to meet Jon and Gene.  They are both good guys and the pictures of their Outlaws do not do them justice.

02 Scrambler 400 4x4
86 TRX250R
525polaris10

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #71 
it was a pleasure to meet 08irs out there. to bad he had some issues on his R but thankfully his Scrambler did him well. we had a great day riding bear wallow with George and his 2 buddies. thank god they were there on one of the black diamonds as both mine and Genes quad WOULD HAVE rolled down the hill/mountain. i couldn't thank them enough for being in the right place at the right time for both me and Gene. it was almost a disaster. haha
for the record........black diamonds are not for sport quads........even if the map shows its only a short distance.
outlaws front.jpg 

2007 Ktm 250 xcf-w
2012 klx250 supermoto
2008 silverado
525polaris10

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #72 
heres a few.

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: bikes.jpg, Views: 11, Size: 172.99 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: outlaws_back.jpg, Views: 11, Size: 244.82 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: wendys.jpg, Views: 9, Size: 116.95 KB 

2007 Ktm 250 xcf-w
2012 klx250 supermoto
2008 silverado

525polaris10

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #73 
here was our view right out our cabin door. besides the gigantic spiders it was amazing.
and the other pic is auger holes

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: cabin_view.jpg, Views: 11, Size: 235.41 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: auger_holes.jpg, Views: 13, Size: 161.20 KB 

2007 Ktm 250 xcf-w
2012 klx250 supermoto
2008 silverado

Fuj

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #74 
Yes Sir.....!! Some of them black trails can get the
blood flowing....LOL. There is too much good riding
down there to be even messing with them any more.
Blue trail can fool you also. a few years back, we
rode into Matewan which is down hill. Storm blew
thru, and we had to wait it out. Once it cleared up
we played hell trying to climb that mountain to get
back out. Went back to the gas station, got road
directions, and off we went. Found a hell of a home
cooked diner on the way back, we would have never
found other wise.

So what systems did yinz hit. Did you get a chance to
get over to Buffalo mountain, and ride to Williamson ??

And George....!!  R problems ??

Also, been by those bore holes many times. Keep a
fair distance when looking at the inside of them.
Copper Heads love them old diggings.

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #75 
Ya, I blew a rear hub Fuj and was in 1 wheel drive.  I made it into Gilbert (being pulled up the hills) and we ate at a diner and then I rode the roads back to our hotel in Man.  It was a 13 mile treck that I will NEVER do again.  I had some jerk driving a semi and thought it would be cute to see how close he could get to me.  As you know Fuj there is no where to go to get off the roads so I was stuck with it pinned until I found a place to skid off the road.

Needless to say I had a few beers when I got back to the hotel.  Oh, and he was 4ft away from me and we were doing 55+

02 Scrambler 400 4x4
86 TRX250R
Fuj

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #76 
George....Go back and read post #22 !!

And your right about them windy mountain roads,
and coal trucks. A lot of them drivers are independents
and payed by each load scaled and dumped at the yard.
I's always a race to get the next load.

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #77 
Ha, that's funny Fuj.

02 Scrambler 400 4x4
86 TRX250R
525polaris10

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #78 
Fuj we rode Rockhouse for 3 days and bear wallow for one day. Gene and I had brought our bikes and quads. So it was more like 2 days at rockhouse on quads, then quads at bear wallow and then the last day we rode the bikes at rockhouse.
Next time we go we will do 3 days at rockhouse on bikes and quads and then get over to buffalo. We heard good things about buffalo so that's next on our list. But staying at rockhouse is totally the best for everything imo.
Oh and thise auger holes I almost had my head fully in one. Guess I was lucky I didn't meet any slithering snakes.

2007 Ktm 250 xcf-w
2012 klx250 supermoto
2008 silverado
Xpred

Reply with quote  #79 
I was also by those auger auger holes with my head sticking inside them LOL

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.