Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
6Connor6

Reply with quote  #1 
Well guys I finally got er running. Just took new valve spring, valve adjustment, cam chain, battery, solenoid, magnetic switch, spark plug, and carb cleaned, ugh. Now I rode it a little last night in just in first and second gear at about quarter and half throttle and it felt great. But today I really opened it up and I wasnt surprised really.

I know its not really a good way to gauge it, but Im having trouble popping a wheelie in second if that says anything. I will say that it starts to bog at about half throttle so Im leaning towards the main jet. The idle is a little weak too. Im going from a warrior 350 to this monster so I really dont know what to expect here. My buddy has an outlaw and that power is kind of what Im using for reference.

Here is where Im at, air/fuel screw is 2.5 turns, main jet is 175 I believe (A little high?), pilot is either 42.5 or 47.5. Needle on third from the top. And 23" back tires... yes you read that right, dont ask me they came on there lol.

All it has is a trinity pipe and a K&N so thats why I think the main is a little high. I plan on changing up the intake a bit but Ill worry about that later, I just want to get it running good. 

If anything, it just doesnt pull that hard in any gear past second, and even second is doggy. Could the tires be a big contribution?

If you guys could chime in that would be awesome!
Kmack

Reply with quote  #2 
Those are pretty big tires, your gearing will be really tall and that will definitely hurt your power. I would suggest a 20" rear tire and the jetting does sound a little much which will also cause some loss of power over half throttle in particular.

BE POSITIVE - Because, if you think you CAN or if you think you CAN'T, you are right!

2009 Outlaw 525 S
2008 KTM 525
2004 KTM 525 EXC Dual Purpose Bike
1998 Yamaha 600 Grizzly - Elk Hauler
6Connor6

Reply with quote  #3 
Yes Im acting on the tire situation asap, I knew it would be a big factor. I will probably go down to a 165 main first. It does backfire alot on deceleration. 
05lee

Reply with quote  #4 
I would say try the tires first before doing anything else to it and see what happens.
Dunph

Reply with quote  #5 
i ran 22's for awhile on my pred and it wasnt doggy but seemed more flat. i am not saying keep them. i would much rather a 20. i think jetting is your culprit
2016 2500hd
2003 GMC Sierra 1500hd Quadrasteer Yes i know my rear wheels are crooked! http://www.youtube.com/user/dustinwpearce
Commi-chusetts
Dunph

Reply with quote  #6 
also, search cv carb mod on here 
2016 2500hd
2003 GMC Sierra 1500hd Quadrasteer Yes i know my rear wheels are crooked! http://www.youtube.com/user/dustinwpearce
Commi-chusetts
pimpedpredators

Site Geographical Custodian
Reply with quote  #7 
I dont think its rich, if its popping on decel, that is either an exhaust leak or lean fuel condition, most likely. I would definitely do the LEO R&D"carb mods", 3 screws out on a/f, and I run a 190 main on the Mikuni, I also have my idle set a little high, seems to start easier and better roll-on. If you were giving it too much fuel it would sputter, not pop. I know its a bitch but...... PULL YOUR PLUG! It will tell you what is really going on. Lastly, I tell this to all Predator owners, PUT A BETTER CARB ON YOUR QUAD! If you really want it to fly, its the best bang for your buck, HANDS DOWN! 09-24-14_0844.jpg 

03' Predator HPD 558,full HMF, Kibblewhite valvetrain,full port/polish,Dyna FS ,Keihin FCR  w/MP twist,Barnett clutch & billet basket,Trail Tech billet dash,billet Torch lights, H&H 1 1/8" bars,TrailTech"Voyager"GPS, Acerbis gaurds, Full Flight +2 "A" arms,HPD +2 anti.vibe stem and dual stabilizers, custom billet tie rods&heims,frt. roller upgrade,Pro Armor case saver,AC Racing nerfs w/IMS ROLL pegs& shifter, Ballistic battery, +3" swinger,Lonestar +4" axle,Tusk Pro heels, full DG skids,Pro Aluminum grab,Blingstar bumper,UM alum.oil tank,custom radiator,Streamline rotors, AMR Graffix, gussett kit,Race Tech triple rate springs,full custom Fox Podiums w/added front res., ITP SS wheels w/ ITP Sand/Dune Stars for sand, ITP Pro Baja, w/ ITP Holeshot HD's for dirt, 03' Predator 500 (daughters) PP pipe, TRXr carb,PD intake,UNI ,no box,Jardine nerfs,Tusk heels,AC bumper,Trail Tech: fat bars,dash,Vapor,Torches, Razrs on black G-Force for dirt,AMS on red Douglas for sand
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.