Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
littless

Reply with quote  #1 
hi guys back with another carb problem. when i am letting off the throttle no matter wiether light load or all ut WOT i get 1-2 popping from exhaust but thats it. i am assuming it is on the rich side and i need to just drop the clip on notch. does this sound correct? also has anyone tried the fuel injection kits by ecotrons kits? was looking into it but just unsure if it is worth the money hell i know if the carb is tuned right it runs great. i may be a little to anal as well.

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #2 
MINE ALSO POPPS ON DECEL AND THAT BECAUSE OF BAD EXHAUST SEAL.... 

07 525 irs outlaw {wideload}we
04 r6

n more
littless

Reply with quote  #3 
Hmmm i thought the same thing at first but there does not appear to be any leaks checked with soap and water. No bubbles at any joint [jumping0018] 

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #4 
A lean pilot jet will let it pop. Has this been ongoing or just
started happening after something else was changed ??
My old bike used to pop like mad prior to a needed repacking
of the silencer.

Reply with quote  #5 
I resolved my issues with the ktm exhaust flange, and heavy duty springs, and mine used to backfire horribly. After that, i added holes to air box (525S) , went from stock 138 main to 158 and stock 45 pilot/slow to 48, runs better than great !!

Little more info if you need it.

http://forums.polarisproriders.com/post/2008-outlaw-525s-backfiring-resolved-7498656?pid=1287963540#post1287963540

Reply with quote  #6 
I had the same problem with my 525 irs, after jetting the carb it cleaned it up a little but it was still there on full throttle deceleration. In the end I took off the header pipe and the bolted in flange and got them tigged together. When reinstalling you have to change out the centre bolt on the flange with a Allen bolt (you can't get a socket in there with the header in the way) any how it solved the problem 100%. I think what's happening is on decel. You're affectively causing a vacuum in the cylinder head on the exhaust side which in turn sucks air in causing a super lean mixture which causes the popping.(I might be wrong but that's just the way I interpreted the solution)
Hope it helps, good luck.
littless

Reply with quote  #7 
thanks to all i will look into the ktm flange that seems to be the best solution 

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.