Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
Bugman

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi there what's the deal with putting on a rev box do they give you more power...and what one is the best...
TxOutlawRider

Reply with quote  #2 
Hi, which model outlaw do you have?  Is it a 450, 500, or 525?  Have you made any modifications to it?

"Outlaws are the Chuck Norris of the quad world."
TxOutlawRider

Reply with quote  #3 
Ok, I'll be kinda general for you.  As near as I can tell the Vortex CDI's are the best bet for any of the outlaws.

If you have a 500 Outlaw, steer clear of any aftermarket box (except the Vortex) as they don't have any retard feature while starting and seem to tear up starters and starter clutches.  

It you have a KTM engine (450/525) the Vortex is great, but some of the other re-branded "ProCom" boxes they seem to have mixed results.  Ive tried a couple and they seem to have too much initial spark timing built in for a stock motor... but may be ok for someone that has added a bigger cam and still using a low compression piston.  The one thing they do have is about 1000 higher rev limiter, which can be helpful on a cammed 450 or 525 (if you don't mind replacing main bearings in the 525), The stock 525 tends to eat up main bearings at high rpms especially pushing something heavy- like a quad  (the 450's don't seem to suffer this problem). 

I hope this helps ya! 

Bugman

Reply with quote  #4 
Hi I have 2008 525s and stock motor just a after market muffler ...I do have k&n air filter jds jet kit to put on but don't have plate to mount pod filter to get rid of shit air box...
TxOutlawRider

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugman
Hi I have 2008 525s and stock motor just a after market muffler ...I do have k&n air filter jds jet kit to put on but don't have plate to mount pod filter to get rid of shit air box...

Then honestly, I don't think you'd gain anything from an aftermarket cdi.  I don't know this for a fact, but I understand the factory advance curves on our Polaris boxes and a little more aggressive than the KTM quads. 

Use the money on a 41mm carb and better air filter set up, then track down an 806 or 833 camshaft.  You'll be allot happier. 

Bugman

Reply with quote  #6 
Ok thanks...
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.