Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
Bugman

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi guys does anyone know if the KTM 525 xc 2008 front header pipe would fit the outlaw 525s 2008 or are they the same motor ... thanks
ORION

Site Geographical Custodian
Reply with quote  #2 
The dealer can look up a part number over the phone, and check the computer for the other rigs's part number. If they match, it will fit. If it does not match, then its not a direct bolt up to the exact specs. 
Bugman

Reply with quote  #3 
Ok cool thanks I have the 525s 2008 have a dyno jet kit and a pl-5207 pod filter to put on but think I got the wrong one because it won't fit with the shit air box ...and I have a slip on muffler on it already...so don't no what to do or order what parts I am in new Zealand so there is shit all parts here for my bike ...I have been getting part from eBay or Amazon...so any help would be great what to do...
Rkangel

Reply with quote  #4 
The part numbers are different.  The motors are KTM RFS motors made for Polaris by KTM , but that is where the similarity between the KTM quad and Polaris Outlaw ends.  The KTM head pipe and flange will probably attach to the Polaris 525 head.  It's all the other mounts, angles, and bends that will be wrong.  The KTM head pipe is designed to route through and mount to the KTM frame.  It would not be a bolt in swap.  It would take cutting, welding, and fabrication to modify the factory KTM head pipe to work in a Polaris frame.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.