Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
ChaosBit*h0403

Reply with quote  #1 
Ok need some help on figuring out what is going on..
So I was riding 5th gear full blast couple times up and down the road of course had to down gears as starting to turn around well it stalled out which sometimes it does well this time it would not crank back up. Figured give it a min before tryn again and it sounded like it wanted to start just would not catch to fully crank. Tried to roll start it didn’t work tried to jump with Jeep battery read somewhere u could jump with a car. Either way neither worked can’t figure out what is the issue. The head lights still come on but it will not crank. Any help would be awesome
distraction628

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #2 
When  you say wouldn't fully crank , do you mean wouldn't turn over? when you roll start do you mean that it would just lock up the rear wheels and wouldn't turn over? What gear where you in? Jumping from a car battery isn't good if the car is running, it can fry the CDI.   What have you checked so far?

Reply with quote  #3 
When I mean want crank yes I mean want turn over
It sounds like it wants to but doesn’t. Now when I try to roll start in neutral and in 1st tried both the tires now lock up. Only thing so far I checked is battery it was really drained have to get it from auto store shortly when charged. But I’m leaning towards 2 things either the Selinod or the decompression lever I was just recently told before tradeing that the person had to rebuild motor
TxOutlawRider

Reply with quote  #4 
My experience with roll starting (we called it bump starting) is you need to do it in a higher gear like 3rd-5th or the tires will just slide.
I'm just wondering why it quit running suddenly. The solenoid or starter wouldn't cause that.
Was is making any strange knocking or tapping noises before it quit? You might have jumped time or worse and trying bump starting it may may your problem more expensive to fix.

"Outlaws are the Chuck Norris of the quad world."
ChaosBit*h0403

Reply with quote  #5 
Well now I have battery charged and it’s making a click noise and just made a whine for one second
distraction628

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Take out the spark plug and put it in 5th gear and see if you can roll the motor over.

Reply with quote  #7 
Ok will try that
TxOutlawRider

Reply with quote  #8 
You've got my curiosity on this, please let us know how it works out. 

"Outlaws are the Chuck Norris of the quad world."
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.