Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
hecsz28

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Hello, can someone please upload a pic of the chain side of the axle carrier on a Predator?  I do have a manual, but just looking for a little extra help.

I am replacing the bearings and seals, but not sure how much space needs to be left between the sprocket hub and the seal/carrier.
The sprocket hub does not need to go inside the seal, correct?  Because is does fit.

I know I need to adjust the axle nut enough to put the metal ring/clip in the grove and then back it off so its not too tight, but not sure on the sprocket side how things should look.
Unfortunately the bearings and seal on that side were completely gone so I do not have a good reference to how it should be.

Thanks

2005 Predator 500
joshr08

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #2 
pred.jpg 

joshr08

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #3 
does that help you at all? 
hecsz28

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #4 
It does help, thanks Josh!

Btw, does anyone know how to tell if the axle needs replaced?  I replaced my carrier due to damage from shot bearings.
When I put the chain side bearing on the axle, it does not slide all the way to where it should seat, like I figured it would.  
I had to tap it onto the axle stem.  I am wondering if this means the axle is bad.

2005 Predator 500
joshr08

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #5 
I would think as long as you got it to where it needs to be you will be fine.  Unless its bent I probably wouldn't replace it.  If anything if it is grooved up I would be more inclined to sand down any really bad spots so it went back together nice.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.