Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
swiapolaris

Reply with quote  #1 
my petcock only flows good on res on oth my outlaw and predator.. well i tried to pull it off by removing the 2 bolts but they just spin... what is the best way to get it off and fix? also maybe the screens are plugged or is there something else that usually goes wrong with them?
LEOGM5150

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #2 
if the bolts just spin that is a bad thing. they must be stripped out out. i am not sure how you would get those out, and back in without ruining the tank if they are stripped. i have no idea how it is not leaking if that is the case though. you may try draining the tank and letting some carb cleaner or tank cleaner in the tank for a little while to see if it breaks anything loose in there. just be sure to get it all out before you run it. the most common cause of that issue would be a plugged screen or the screen came off and the passage is plugged. the other issue could be that the main passage is plugged from old fuel at one point in it's life.

MY GREATEST FEAR IS THAT WHEN I DIE MY WIFE WILL SELL MY TOYS FOR WHAT I TOLD HER I HAVE INTO THEM...

2014 POLARIS RZR 4 900 EPS
2012 POLARIS RZR 4 900 XP
2008 POLARIS RZR 800
2008 POLARIS OUTLAW 525S LE
2007 POLARIS OUTLAW 525 IRS
2000 400 RCR TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2001 400 TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2005 SKI DOO 1000 TWO STROKE SAND SLED
outlaw450mxr

Reply with quote  #3 
Had the same issue with my outlaw, bought a new petcock and then found out the the screws were stripped so couldnt get the old one out. took the petcock apart cleaned it and installed all the parts off the new petcock, seems to be working fine.
tbracelin

Reply with quote  #4 
Same issue here. Just got new petcock in and the screws just spin. Bs! Anyone figure out how to get em out?
'08 Polaris Outlaw 525 S, graphicless, '09 450 MXR shocks/springs, Twin Air Powerflow Kit, FMF Factory 4.1 Slip-On Exhaust, JD Jet Kit, Quadtech seat, DDM Tuning HID headlight 880 bulb mod, Rath 44 Monster Peg nerfs, Rath Bumper, Rath Grab Bar, Rath Anti-Vibe Handlebar Kit, Flexx bars w/ABF mounted 10" Rigid light, Honda throttle, Hiper CF1's w/GBC XC Master's, Lonestar Billet Bearing Housing, Lonestar Billet Locknut
LEOGM5150

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #5 
i think those brass inserts are just pressed in there, but i am just guessing as i have never pulled them out.

MY GREATEST FEAR IS THAT WHEN I DIE MY WIFE WILL SELL MY TOYS FOR WHAT I TOLD HER I HAVE INTO THEM...

2014 POLARIS RZR 4 900 EPS
2012 POLARIS RZR 4 900 XP
2008 POLARIS RZR 800
2008 POLARIS OUTLAW 525S LE
2007 POLARIS OUTLAW 525 IRS
2000 400 RCR TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2001 400 TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2005 SKI DOO 1000 TWO STROKE SAND SLED
petro45

Reply with quote  #6 
Has anyone found a fix. 28 days out of recall. Polaris won't help, but they did send me on a wild goose chase with the dealer
distraction628

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #7 
You will need to insert something between the petcock and tank ( like a flat blade screwdriver ) to pull the insert nuts down so you can get the nuts loose. Then once you get them out you can JB weld the nuts back in.... not my favorite way of doing things but it has worked on many tanks.... I use a longer bolt threaded in to push the threaded insert up , then put a little JB weld around the whole then pull the insert back down into the whole , wipe off the excess and let sit 24 hours.

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #8 
I have a 09 gas tank for sale. Not sure if you guys are taking about 09 or 08. Will sell the tank for cheap.
2010 IRS http://www.polarisproriders.com/post/My-IRS-build-6344146?trail=#1
2007 Ktm 250 xcf-w
2012 klx250 supermoto
2008 silverado
I'd like to thank my sponsors-Chase, Paypal, and PPR
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.