Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
Xpred

Reply with quote  #1 
I have an 09 Outlaw 525s and it sure seems to jump around a lot more them my predator does when it come to climbing hills. Just feels like pogo stick suspension instead of absorbing stuff. I have not touched anything from the factory yet. A little side note my predator has fox shocks converted to PEP ZPS so the outlaw has a lot live up when it comes suspension. I know it prolly will not be comparable but is there any tricks I can do to help it out some.

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #2 
What about swapping ur shocks from ur pred? Are u stocks pogos or resis?
2010 IRS http://www.polarisproriders.com/post/My-IRS-build-6344146?trail=#1
2007 Ktm 250 xcf-w
2012 klx250 supermoto
2008 silverado
I'd like to thank my sponsors-Chase, Paypal, and PPR
Xpred

Reply with quote  #3 
I thought about swapping the pred day shocks but they are remote rezzys and there is no good place to mount them on the outlaw. The outlaw front shocks do not have the reservoirs.

Reply with quote  #4 
What I really want to do is find some MXR shocks for the fronts. MXR is more adjustable and i can have them converted like the preddy shocks when the time comes.

Reply with quote  #5 
You should be able to mount the preddy shocks up to the Outlaw and be able to mount the remote rezzies to the front frame rails, assuming they are attached via a hose and not on the shocks all ready. If not the MXRs will be a huge upgrade and be ready for the ZPS conversion. I couldn't imagine riding on the stock pogos after riding on PEPs. I know after owning floats, I will never own another stock pair of shocks.
Flexx Bars, Rath Anti Vibe Stem, ODI grips, Honda Throttle with Kiwi Spring Mod, KTM Intake Tube with K&N Filter in Modded Sub-Frame, FMF Factory 4.1 Slip on, Ceramic coated header, Quadtech Hood, Lowered subframe supports, Rath MX A Arms, Rath MX Hubs, Fox Float Evol Front Shocks/Revalved and Resprung Podium X Rear, Pure Polaris Bumper, Rath Monster peg 44 Series Nerf bars, PB Bob Oil Cooler Adapter, Gold speed Fronts and Gold Speed MXR2's on Hiper Tech 3's for the track Razr 2's on Hiper Tech 3's Dual Beadlocks and Razr's on Hiper CF1s for the woods.
Xpred

Reply with quote  #6 
It's terrible riding on the stock pogo sticks after getting off my predator. Night and day difference. Is it just me or is the front end really light on the outlaw? Is it the weight difference between the predator and outlaw or does the 525 just have that much power? Keep in mind my predator is a 558 and my front end does not come as easy as my outlaw. The thing is an animal! LOL

Reply with quote  #7 
The front end of my pred has always seemed heavy, but I threw it on the scales one night and without me on it was 51% rear 49% front. Jumped up to like 60-40% when I sat on it in a normal riding position. Never rode an outlaw though.
2005 predator 558 - falicon supercrank w/ knife rod, ss valves, 12.5:1 wiseco, hpd 558, HMF full system, uni, CFM oil tank, pro design tether, suspension work by Monster Performance, HID light kit, ODI Rouge, Kalis Racing riser, Flexx bars, razr/razr2
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.