Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
cobra131

Reply with quote  #1 
I read a lot of the guys on here have temp gauges on their outlaw do they overheat a lot I have a predator and I haven't had any problems
Kmack

Reply with quote  #2 
If nothing else, the guage takes away the risk. It only takes once to cost you big bucks.

BE POSITIVE - Because, if you think you CAN or if you think you CAN'T, you are right!

2009 Outlaw 525 S
2008 KTM 525
2004 KTM 525 EXC Dual Purpose Bike
1998 Yamaha 600 Grizzly - Elk Hauler
cobra131

Reply with quote  #3 
I have a predator right now and very comfortable working on it from what I learned from the great people on here but really would like an outlaw I plan on giving the predator to my son like I said on my other post but after reading some posts about tuning the carb and other things do you have to do all them things if you just got a stock outlaw like the red 08 on here I kinda torn I really like the orange Troy lee predator with reverse and I have to face it I ain't a young fella any more what do you guys think outlaw or predator ( I do really like to go fast)
LEOGM5150

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #4 
it is ok to get a stock outlaw and just ride it. most of are just sick and cannot leave well enough alone. the predator is a great machine the 2005 tld being one of my favorites also. i have owned 2 of them and i liked them both a lot. the outlaw is much faster. the ktm engine just revs so much faster makes more hp and the machine is much lighter. if you are looking for a new polaris the tld is a very nice one, if you can find a great deal go for it. the 525 outlaw is amazing if you can find a great deal get one, you will not regret it. they take a few more minutes on an oil change but take 1/10th the time to adjust the valve clearances.

MY GREATEST FEAR IS THAT WHEN I DIE MY WIFE WILL SELL MY TOYS FOR WHAT I TOLD HER I HAVE INTO THEM...

2014 POLARIS RZR 4 900 EPS
2012 POLARIS RZR 4 900 XP
2008 POLARIS RZR 800
2008 POLARIS OUTLAW 525S LE
2007 POLARIS OUTLAW 525 IRS
2000 400 RCR TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2001 400 TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2005 SKI DOO 1000 TWO STROKE SAND SLED
cobra131

Reply with quote  #5 
I really respect your opinion Leo I think I will go after the 08 red outlaw see what the guy has to say and thanks again
LEOGM5150

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #6 
i do not think the outlaw is an overheating problem engine they just run hot hotter than any predator i had. a few simple mods like the thermostat elimination or at least lower block off helps a lot. if you want to just leave it stock it will be fine but i would suggest the oring mod to really make the throttle response as responsive as possible. if the radiator is super clean and the jetting is right for your area and any mods you might do it will run all day in the heat.

MY GREATEST FEAR IS THAT WHEN I DIE MY WIFE WILL SELL MY TOYS FOR WHAT I TOLD HER I HAVE INTO THEM...

2014 POLARIS RZR 4 900 EPS
2012 POLARIS RZR 4 900 XP
2008 POLARIS RZR 800
2008 POLARIS OUTLAW 525S LE
2007 POLARIS OUTLAW 525 IRS
2000 400 RCR TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2001 400 TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2005 SKI DOO 1000 TWO STROKE SAND SLED
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.