Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
ORION

Site Geographical Custodian
Reply with quote  #1 

Last winter we went up into the hills with our Outlaws, and as usual they did not perform very well in the snow. 2" was fine, but 6"+ was not so good. Obviously the Outlaw was not designed for snow, but I'm more interested in what it CAN do rather than what it was DESIGNED to do. You guys back east probably get more snow than I do on the coast, so maybe you guys have some insight. I need to use the quad for transpo this winter when all the roads are inaccessible by cars/4x4 trucks due to the snow and ice. Has anyone had any luck using paddles in the snow? Or tires that are studded with screws? What setup works the best? Tire chains? Any info would be great. P.S. Yes, I know that a 4x4 quad is the best option, but I want to use the Outlaw.

images.jpg  PICT0089.jpg  PICT0090.jpg  PICT0371.jpg  PICT00682.jpg  sand_Star_Paddles.jpg  316333_180398655385398_1135470515_n.jpg  376509_180398608718736_538438484_n.jpg

LE Nick

Reply with quote  #2 
Get a set of mildly aggressive tires and stud them (like the ones in the Turf Tamer tires you have pictured).  deadman and I found that Mud Shark tires work great in the snow.  

Paddles don't provide enough lateral traction so you always spin out sideways.

Site Geographical Custodian
Reply with quote  #3 
I wonder if a set of Razr2's with screws would work better than Razr2's with chains. Need it for transpo, not for fun.
Fuj

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Like Nick mention....Mud Sharks if you can find them,
and go with the taller 22" tire. Studs are always a
plus.....Another setup that will supprise you is the
22" 489. Stud them and run them backwards. And slime
them. Also don't go nuts with tire pressure. 3psi is
all you need, 2psi is even better.

I'm not a fan of chains other then skidding out wood
for the burner. If you snap a cross link and it gets
into your drive train, your severely screwed.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.