Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
rc51ner

Reply with quote  #1 
Hey there, just got my 2008 outlaw 525S, love it. Does anyone have any pictures of an outlaw 525 with 20" front tires as opposed to 21" stock ? Im getting new rubber all around, and it came to mind that I could drop the high front with a different tire size
Anyone have any data that supports my top of the head idea?

Thanks, just looking to lower, w/o cutting or replacing my stock setup. IMG_20150304_103016.jpg

Reply with quote  #2 
One main advantage of the taller front tire is it makes it a little easer to roll over obstacles.  If it were me, I'd ether relocate the bottom shock mounting hole (in fact, I did to that and it dropped the front pretty good), then I'd find someone with a pair of stock outlaw 60lb top springs for the front shocks, which will let you take a little more tension off the front springs without letting you spring keepers fall out.
  Another option would be to use an upper shock relocating bracket (someone on this site used to make them), and lastly you could find some predator front shocks and that'd drop you a couple inches.

I think it'd look weird with a 20" front tire too.... lol

"Outlaws are the Chuck Norris of the quad world."
rc51ner

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks for the info, it probably would look strange, I found the front shock mount modification thread, seems to be straight forward. I could not find the lowering adapter that someone makes and sells. Guess Ill stick with the 21" , thx again.

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #4 
yeah i am with tx here the 21 inch tire is a smoother ride. the front shock mount relocation is a great way to drop an inch or more and keep your stock size tires. best of all it will only cost you a little time.

MY GREATEST FEAR IS THAT WHEN I DIE MY WIFE WILL SELL MY TOYS FOR WHAT I TOLD HER I HAVE INTO THEM...

2014 POLARIS RZR 4 900 EPS
2012 POLARIS RZR 4 900 XP
2008 POLARIS RZR 800
2008 POLARIS OUTLAW 525S LE
2007 POLARIS OUTLAW 525 IRS
2000 400 RCR TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2001 400 TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2005 SKI DOO 1000 TWO STROKE SAND SLED
TxOutlawRider

Reply with quote  #5 
I think it was joshr08 that had made up the lowering brackets for the front of the outlaw.   

426power

Reply with quote  #6 
RC51er the correct way to set this up would be to have your shocks valved and re-sprung from a good shock builder i.e.; Rocket Ron. Then your ride height would be correct and would lower the ride height to where it should be. I would not change tire size nor would I change the shock mount as all of these little changes effect your suspension.
2009 KTM450XC: Bubba Power 525 with port and polish, Baldwin carb Mod, Baldwin race wiring harness mods, Dirt Bike CDI,Baldwin Oil cooler,Flexx bars, Precision Dampner,Houser steering stem, AC Skid plate, Rath Nerfs, Rath Bumper,Blingstar Sprocket Guard, Ars FX Rotor Guard,GT Thunder shock Conversion, Powermadd hand guards and bark busters, Twist throttle,Hiper wheels, GBC Tires,HMF Full exhaust with Tim Farr head pipe,Ballistic Battery,Dirtworks 24 volt system with second Ballistic Battery, JB Racing modified a arms Dyno tuned at HMF.

2008 Polaris Outlaw 525S. HLS Front Suspension,GT Thunder rear shock, Precision Steering Stabilizer,Hiper wheels, Rath Nerfs and radiator shrouds, Flex bars,HMF Exhaust,Bubba Power motor with Ported Head,All Out Throttle graphics,GBC tires,GT Thunder modified Poly Skid,
TxOutlawRider

Reply with quote  #7 
426 is on the right track, and have them shorten the shock while he's there so when you set the front end height down, you won't lose any travel.  Ian at Monster performance does a great job too. 

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.