Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
jeffy1993

Reply with quote  #1 
Gonna take the outlaw to the strip sat. see what kinda times i can pull through an 1/8 gonna be racing against yfzs raptors and couple of factory banshees most of us stock motor how y'all think ill do? and yes i can ride

jetted
modded air box
hmf pipe
l.e.d. under glow lights
iiF3LiXii

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Suppost to be one of the fastest excelerating quads stock to stock. Should do ok...

Reply with quote  #3 
i think i will just keeping it down haha amazing power just roll into the throttle and it comes up who dont like that

jetted
modded air box
hmf pipe
l.e.d. under glow lights
redpred

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #4 
make sure u get some video haha

07 525 irs outlaw {wideload}we
04 r6

n more
08IRS

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #5 

If you can keep the front wheels on the ground you should do good.  Good Luck!

SOLD - 08 Outlaw IRS Uni filter,O-ring mod, Cycra hand guards, 2" Rox anti-vibe risers, HMF Sport pipe, ODI Rogue grips (thanks PPR),Pro Armor Kill switch, IMS Nerfs and heel guards, PP grab bar, PRM Outlaw front bumper, Rekluse clutch, Precision Stabilizer & Flexx bars.

02 Scrambler 400 4x4
86 TRX250R
jeffy1993

Reply with quote  #6 
yea my gf is gonna video it my buddy has been really wanting to run his factory 660 raptor so hes going to run me to

jetted
modded air box
hmf pipe
l.e.d. under glow lights
08IRS

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #7 

ha ha, tell him good luck

SOLD - 08 Outlaw IRS Uni filter,O-ring mod, Cycra hand guards, 2" Rox anti-vibe risers, HMF Sport pipe, ODI Rogue grips (thanks PPR),Pro Armor Kill switch, IMS Nerfs and heel guards, PP grab bar, PRM Outlaw front bumper, Rekluse clutch, Precision Stabilizer & Flexx bars.

02 Scrambler 400 4x4
86 TRX250R
jeffy1993

Reply with quote  #8 
i have done outran is 4 banger car till i topped out lol! cant wait till i jet and pipe it its already quick

jetted
modded air box
hmf pipe
l.e.d. under glow lights
jeffy1993

Reply with quote  #9 
my cuz stopped by today that i haven't seen in awhile and he was like let me ride it so i said okay just be careful it will come up on you he got about 20ft from me and it put him on his ass and this is what he said "that thing is like a women on her period fucking crazy" ha ha

jetted
modded air box
hmf pipe
l.e.d. under glow lights
jeffy1993

Reply with quote  #10 

jetted
modded air box
hmf pipe
l.e.d. under glow lights
LEOGM5150

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #11 
i would adjust the rear shock stiffer on the spring and looser on the front to try and keep the front end down. maybe even launch at a higher rpm starting second. give them heck!

MY GREATEST FEAR IS THAT WHEN I DIE MY WIFE WILL SELL MY TOYS FOR WHAT I TOLD HER I HAVE INTO THEM...

2014 POLARIS RZR 4 900 EPS
2012 POLARIS RZR 4 900 XP
2008 POLARIS RZR 800
2008 POLARIS OUTLAW 525S LE
2007 POLARIS OUTLAW 525 IRS
2000 400 RCR TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2001 400 TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2005 SKI DOO 1000 TWO STROKE SAND SLED
jeffy1993

Reply with quote  #12 
ill try launching in first and second and ill tape it so we can see what turns in the better time

jetted
modded air box
hmf pipe
l.e.d. under glow lights
LEOGM5150

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #13 
i think you should be able to lay the smack down on the raptor 660.

your limitation will be top speed. if you can get some 22 inch tires light weight ones it will help or a 15 tooth front sprocket then launch in first and should be able to still hit 80mph before you top out. no matter what even bone stock you should be able to get almost all the other stockish atvs up to 75mph.

MY GREATEST FEAR IS THAT WHEN I DIE MY WIFE WILL SELL MY TOYS FOR WHAT I TOLD HER I HAVE INTO THEM...

2008 POLARIS RZR 800
jeffy1993

Reply with quote  #14 
no lie i have got clocked at 77 wide open and i mean wide open all throttle lol so i thought it was doing pretty good to be all stock top speed wise

jetted
modded air box
hmf pipe
l.e.d. under glow lights
LEOGM5150

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #15 
oh yeah they do great but with a lot of mods i was able to hit 79mph. with a 15 tooth i hit 83 on my 525 irs. some of those other can hit a bit higher top speed son in the 1/8 mile they may be able to track you down a bit but up to 75 you should really leave them. it should be fun no matter what i am no that great at it bu ti love drag racing it is fun even when i lose it is a rush. the launch is awesome.

2008 POLARIS RZR 800
jeffy1993

Reply with quote  #16 
how far up on my bubble should my oil level be

jetted
modded air box
hmf pipe
l.e.d. under glow lights
LEOGM5150

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #17 
add oil til you can see oil in the sightglass
run 1/4 glass MAX when cold, half glass MAX when hot

under specifications it says 1.7 quarts. i found that to be just a bit too much. 1.5 quarts is just about right. with the oil cooler about 1.6 quarts is about all it can take or else you are way too high on the sight 
glass at full operating temps like 175 185 degrees. when i got my temp gauge i seen it run about 10 degrees hotter with an extra 100ml of oil. it is a big difference with just a hair too much.

page 1.4 of the service manula says 1.7 quarts.

page 3.7 in the service manual says 1.7 quarts.

i will say 1.5 to 1.6 quarts is just about right. i have done about 30 oil changes on my 2 525 irs engines. i have put too much, and i have put too little. that is what i think is just right.

whatever you like to run please run it we are just trying to help because the site glass can be deceiving at different times.

2008 POLARIS RZR 800
LEOGM5150

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #18 
oil change thread

site glass discussion thread

2008 POLARIS RZR 800
joshr08

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #19 
strap the front suspension down for the drag races.  the lower the front is and the stiffer the rear is the less weight transfer to the rear end pulling the front up.
polaris bob

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #20 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy1993
how far up on my bubble should my oil level be

Some will dis-agree with me on this opinion, but many have not split their motor cases to see what I am talking about.

You can not trust the oil fill window one bit........  At best, it is good to see if there is any oil in the motor, when the motor is running.

And thats about it!!

Try this............ 

Warm the motor up to operating temps.

Pull the drain plugs and lift the front of the quad up a few feet.

No need to hang it from the ceiling of the garage or anything crazy like that. Let it drain for at least 20 minutes then lower back down, and replace the drain plugs then pull the filter covers and pull the filters.

Pull the screens, and clean them off with brake clean or carb spray & reinstall.

Measure out 1.5 liters of oil into a container.

Jack up the left side of the quad, install the filters and pour approx a 1/2 cup of oil into the filter openings slowly, to wet both filters and to pre-fill the filter cavities. ( Split the oil between the two filters ).

Install the filter covers and take the jack out.

Put the rest of the oil in the motor and replace the fill plug.

Start the motor, warm up and check for leaks.

Go ride.

Pay no attention to the sight glass window!!  If your motor is not leaking any oil or burning any oil, you have oil in the motor.

I will say it again. Pay no attention to the sight glass window.

It is NOT ACCURATE!!

570 Thumper Racing kit w/ 12.5 - 1 CP piston. Head ported by Thumper Racing w/ new intake seats done by Pro-1 racing. Stage 5 cam (Custom design by Thumper Racing). AC bearing mod. Oil system mod by DJH. KW valves (stock size). * #100 CDI dirt bike CDI. 42 mm FCR carb by Walt/Fast64ranchero. (SX carb = No TPS). Trail Tech -10 oz flywheel. (Stock is 30 oz/ trail tech = 21 Oz's)
Mino water pump. Full flow set up, no T-stat. PB Oil cooler. Custom modded intake. Uni filter/ D2 Moto adapter on a modded Predator intake tube.
KTM Bill modded CT racing full exhaust system. Tusk Clutch kit. Honda thumb throttle. Snyder Motorsports adjustable upper A-arms. PP Billet front hubs W/ DLR tapered roller bearings. Custom modded fox suspension. Hidden comfort camo seat cover on a modded stock seat.
polaris bob

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #21 

Now for the reason why the oil sight glass window is not accurate.

Your motor has two oil sumps & 2 oil pumps. ( Crankshaft & the trans. )

The one for the crank shaft area is "designed" to be a dry sump.

The oil pump for that sump is always trying to pull all of the oil out of the crank case and pumps it to the gears and trans area.

The trans area, is the "sump", or oil tank if you will.

It's pump pulls the oil out and circulates it throughout the motor.

This is where the window is located !

When you go to shut off your motor, you will have no idea how much oil is sitting in the crank area, how much oil is in the oil passages and how much is actually sitting the the trans area, showing up on the sight glass window.

That is the problem, you are looking at a window, that is not telling you how much oil is in the motor!!!!!!!

The answer !!!!!!   Stop looking at the window and start measuring how much oil you put in the motor and forget about that silly window!!

570 Thumper Racing kit w/ 12.5 - 1 CP piston. Head ported by Thumper Racing w/ new intake seats done by Pro-1 racing. Stage 5 cam (Custom design by Thumper Racing). AC bearing mod. Oil system mod by DJH. KW valves (stock size). * #100 CDI dirt bike CDI. 42 mm FCR carb by Walt/Fast64ranchero. (SX carb = No TPS). Trail Tech -10 oz flywheel. (Stock is 30 oz/ trail tech = 21 Oz's)
Mino water pump. Full flow set up, no T-stat. PB Oil cooler. Custom modded intake. Uni filter/ D2 Moto adapter on a modded Predator intake tube.
KTM Bill modded CT racing full exhaust system. Tusk Clutch kit. Honda thumb throttle. Snyder Motorsports adjustable upper A-arms. PP Billet front hubs W/ DLR tapered roller bearings. Custom modded fox suspension. Hidden comfort camo seat cover on a modded stock seat.
Xpred

Reply with quote  #22 
I like your method on the oil. My sight glass never seems to be where everyone else's is but i know i have enuogh oil in it.

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #23 
Alright!! Alright!! I'm gunna make a small sticker of your ugly mug to cover my sight glass with bob.  Lol. I agree.. Measure your oil. Also I want to add, change it often. 

And to continue with the OP, I posted some HP numbers out of a DW mag. Looks like 525 takes the cake in our sports quad class. The closest in our class was the craptor 700.

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #24 
^^^^stock to stock BTW^^^^

Reply with quote  #25 
does anyone know if anyone makes a wheelie bar for the outlaw irs or has drawings for one? i really need one cuz im prob gonna start building the motor and drag it alot

jetted
modded air box
hmf pipe
l.e.d. under glow lights
skull

Reply with quote  #26 
so that's it? no videos or times ran?
2008 Polaris Outlaw 525 IRS-Skull Hand Grips, Skull Thumb Donuts, Protaper Bars, ROX 2IN Adjustable Bar Risers, Custom Upholstered Seat , Stage 2 Jetting, Black HMF, Pure Polaris Front Bumper , Outlaw Shock Covers, Black Nerf Bars, AMR Custom Skull Graphics, Candy Purple Powder Coated ITP Rims
ko66

Reply with quote  #27 
I wonder if that mod I was talking about would help in the drag race.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.