Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
Logan Bryant

Reply with quote  #1 
Has anyone used the Lucas oil oil stabilizer in there outlaws? I will be running rotella 5w40. I need some opinions on the stuff

[image11_zpsa7ea1328]
LEOGM5150

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #2 
I've never used it in my Outlaws that I owned but I've used it in my vehicles in the past. currently I am running it in my Polaris Rangers. It is some great stuff it is like motor honey as sticky as could be. It sticks on the parts offers a lot of protection but it is not too thick like gear oil or anything. it does what it's supposed to do for sure.

MY GREATEST FEAR IS THAT WHEN I DIE MY WIFE WILL SELL MY TOYS FOR WHAT I TOLD HER I HAVE INTO THEM...

2014 POLARIS RZR 4 900 EPS
2012 POLARIS RZR 4 900 XP
2008 POLARIS RZR 800
2008 POLARIS OUTLAW 525S LE
2007 POLARIS OUTLAW 525 IRS
2000 400 RCR TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2001 400 TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2005 SKI DOO 1000 TWO STROKE SAND SLED
Logan Bryant

Reply with quote  #3 
So would you recommend it for the outlaw? I didn't know how it would do with the wet clutch.

[image11_zpsa7ea1328]
LEOGM5150

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #4 
I have no personal experience there. I think I would check with Lucas oils or an oil pro if you have concerns. The bottle of Lucas oil additives I have says safe for wet clutches. I read on several sportbike forums just now and several people have used it in all of their sport bikes with wet clutches with no adverse reactions and their clutches seems to hold up better.

MY GREATEST FEAR IS THAT WHEN I DIE MY WIFE WILL SELL MY TOYS FOR WHAT I TOLD HER I HAVE INTO THEM...

2014 POLARIS RZR 4 900 EPS
2012 POLARIS RZR 4 900 XP
2008 POLARIS RZR 800
2008 POLARIS OUTLAW 525S LE
2007 POLARIS OUTLAW 525 IRS
2000 400 RCR TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2001 400 TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2005 SKI DOO 1000 TWO STROKE SAND SLED
TxOutlawRider

Reply with quote  #5 
I wouldn't.
  When I was a kid I had an old Suzuki motorcycle and the gears made some noise.  Someone suggested I try adding a spoon or 2 of STP oil treatment and it might quiet it down.  I rode a few minutes and sure enough the tranny shifted better and it was a little quieter.  Then the clutch started slipping... really bad.  So I ended up pulling the clutch out and soaking the plates in gasoline and washing them several times with a cloth and brake cleaner (that stuff is hard to wash off), then draining all the oil and cleaning out the case and putting it all back together.  Slippery and sticky is good in oil.. but not in clutches. 

"Outlaws are the Chuck Norris of the quad world."
Team Bricktucky

Reply with quote  #6 
I wouldn't run it in my RFS engines (outlaw 525 or 450) I have used it before in wet clutch engines but After learning the rfs engine Id be worried that it would slow down the oil flow to the oil spray jet that lubes the piston pin and crank rod and also the crank bearings. That spray jet is pretty small . most likely it wouldn't hurt anything But I wouldn't use it
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.