Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
Kmack

Reply with quote  #1 
There are always a lot of oil related questions, and rightfully so, it is the life blood of your expensive machine. Here is some oil info that might be helpful to some of us.

http://www.oilspecifications.org/articles/JASO_MA_JASO_MB.php

BE POSITIVE - Because, if you think you CAN or if you think you CAN'T, you are right!

2009 Outlaw 525 S
2008 KTM 525
2004 KTM 525 EXC Dual Purpose Bike
1998 Yamaha 600 Grizzly - Elk Hauler
Kmack

Reply with quote  #2 
Here is some more info.

http://www.f650gs.crossroadz.com.au/About-Oils.html

BE POSITIVE - Because, if you think you CAN or if you think you CAN'T, you are right!

2009 Outlaw 525 S
2008 KTM 525
2004 KTM 525 EXC Dual Purpose Bike
1998 Yamaha 600 Grizzly - Elk Hauler
Dunph

Reply with quote  #3 
Nice. Good info crazy karl
2016 2500hd
2003 GMC Sierra 1500hd Quadrasteer Yes i know my rear wheels are crooked! http://www.youtube.com/user/dustinwpearce
Commi-chusetts
pimpedpredators

Site Geographical Custodian
Reply with quote  #4 
That is good stuff, not a very long list is it! I usually run the Mobil 1 4stroke racing in my machines,but last oil change I tried the Valvoline full syn. and it is EXCELLENT!! its my new oil!! I could tell it was good because it comes out of bottle very clear in color,and after riding all weekend in 100 deg. heat, it was still pretty clean!! I highly recommend it!! Tranny shifted fine all weekend too! Tried some Lucas full syn. before that, and was NOT impressed at all with it, very dark when drained and notchy shifting. Its like ive said before, just because your quad didnt blow up from using Rotella or similiar, you are giving up valuable hours on your motor/trans by using it! You will get the max life out of your engine by using quality "blood" in your motor. Anyone claiming otherwise just needs to read your post/link.Good work!! 
03' Predator HPD 558,full HMF, Kibblewhite valvetrain,full port/polish,Dyna FS ,Keihin FCR  w/MP twist,Barnett clutch & billet basket,Trail Tech billet dash,billet Torch lights, H&H 1 1/8" bars,TrailTech"Voyager"GPS, Acerbis gaurds, Full Flight +2 "A" arms,HPD +2 anti.vibe stem and dual stabilizers, custom billet tie rods&heims,frt. roller upgrade,Pro Armor case saver,AC Racing nerfs w/IMS ROLL pegs& shifter, Ballistic battery, +3" swinger,Lonestar +4" axle,Tusk Pro heels, full DG skids,Pro Aluminum grab,Blingstar bumper,UM alum.oil tank,custom radiator,Streamline rotors, AMR Graffix, gussett kit,Race Tech triple rate springs,full custom Fox Podiums w/added front res., ITP SS wheels w/ ITP Sand/Dune Stars for sand, ITP Pro Baja, w/ ITP Holeshot HD's for dirt, 03' Predator 500 (daughters) PP pipe, TRXr carb,PD intake,UNI ,no box,Jardine nerfs,Tusk heels,AC bumper,Trail Tech: fat bars,dash,Vapor,Torches, Razrs on black G-Force for dirt,AMS on red Douglas for sand
Xpred

Reply with quote  #5 
I'm running Rotella T6 in mine. First time not running over priced polaris oil.

Reply with quote  #6 
I ran Rotella T6 synthetic during my last oil change.  The clutch squealed a little bit more during the last ride, but it was also a very warm day (and clutch squealing is somewhat common).  I may try thicker 15w40 next time.  Other than that, no notable difference in performance.  Rotella has been excellent in my other quad for many years, and way cheaper than PS4.

Reply with quote  #7 
Yeah mine sounds exactly the same . Clutch doesn't squeal any more or less then it did with PS-4 Extreme

Reply with quote  #8 
What syn did you run pimp 20w-50 valvoline?
pimpedpredators

Site Geographical Custodian
Reply with quote  #9 
yes, i've been using the 20-50 full syn. with great results. Been very hot here, 110 deg. @ Juniper Dunes on Labor Day weekend, I put 113 miles on the 500 in 3 days, and the oil still looked o.k. I normally change it at 90 miles. Im behind on my replies, my computer had a virus and had to go to the shop for awhile! 08-31-14_1930.jpg  08-31-14_1934.jpg  08-31-14_1909.jpg 

03' Predator HPD 558,full HMF, Kibblewhite valvetrain,full port/polish,Dyna FS ,Keihin FCR  w/MP twist,Barnett clutch & billet basket,Trail Tech billet dash,billet Torch lights, H&H 1 1/8" bars,TrailTech"Voyager"GPS, Acerbis gaurds, Full Flight +2 "A" arms,HPD +2 anti.vibe stem and dual stabilizers, custom billet tie rods&heims,frt. roller upgrade,Pro Armor case saver,AC Racing nerfs w/IMS ROLL pegs& shifter, Ballistic battery, +3" swinger,Lonestar +4" axle,Tusk Pro heels, full DG skids,Pro Aluminum grab,Blingstar bumper,UM alum.oil tank,custom radiator,Streamline rotors, AMR Graffix, gussett kit,Race Tech triple rate springs,full custom Fox Podiums w/added front res., ITP SS wheels w/ ITP Sand/Dune Stars for sand, ITP Pro Baja, w/ ITP Holeshot HD's for dirt, 03' Predator 500 (daughters) PP pipe, TRXr carb,PD intake,UNI ,no box,Jardine nerfs,Tusk heels,AC bumper,Trail Tech: fat bars,dash,Vapor,Torches, Razrs on black G-Force for dirt,AMS on red Douglas for sand
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.