Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
brando2013

Reply with quote  #1 
So after sitting all winter in wi. I pulled out my 2003 ped out and was going to work on it. I opened the air box and to my surprise there was a lot of oil ?????? Maybe 2 cups of it and then looked at my oil tank empty ????Can Someone help me with help me with this ??????
LEOGM5150

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #2 
I have had oil in the air box when I tipped it up or when the oil was too full. The tank being empty is common after sitting a long time it can drain into the crank case then when the case is over full it will run into the air box through the crank case breather. I would just drain all the oil then add 2 1/4 quarts. Run it for a minute then let it cool for a minute then check it on the dip stick it should be right on.

MY GREATEST FEAR IS THAT WHEN I DIE MY WIFE WILL SELL MY TOYS FOR WHAT I TOLD HER I HAVE INTO THEM...

2014 POLARIS RZR 4 900 EPS
2012 POLARIS RZR 4 900 XP
2008 POLARIS RZR 800
2008 POLARIS OUTLAW 525S LE
2007 POLARIS OUTLAW 525 IRS
2000 400 RCR TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2001 400 TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2005 SKI DOO 1000 TWO STROKE SAND SLED
05pred500

Reply with quote  #3 
X2 what Leo said. I overfilled my oil one time and got a lot of it in the airbox. Didn't know it until it started bogging and sputtering, the intake had sucked the oil up and soaked the filter and restricted the air flow.
2005 predator 558 - falicon supercrank w/ knife rod, ss valves, 12.5:1 wiseco, hpd 558, HMF full system, uni, CFM oil tank, pro design tether, suspension work by Monster Performance, HID light kit, ODI Rouge, Kalis Racing riser, Flexx bars, razr/razr2
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.