Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
brando2013

Reply with quote  #1 
OK so I dont make millions here. Make good money but everything I do to my 03 I need to do to my wife's 05 predator 500 is there a cheeper alternative To the polaris oil ps-4 or I think that's what it is but anyhow someone said try gxt 10w40 any input would b great thanks everyone
Rkangel

Reply with quote  #2 
Rotella T (Conventional) or Rotella T6 (Synthetic).  It is JASO MA rated as safe for wet clutches.  It is also good quality at a good price.  I've been using it for a few years and have been happy with it.  Talked with an oil engineer from one of the manufacturers and we asked him about oils.  We mentioned a few ATV oil names and his general consensus based on experience was that most were similar.  Some were nearly identical save for detergent additives or labeling (several were bottled in the same factory).  We then asked about people using Rotella he said, "Now that's a good oil".  The jist was that it is a very good quality oil, but is also affordable which means owners are more likely to change it frequently.  Clean oil is the key to long motor life.

Reply with quote  #3 
OK thanks !!! Now lol were can someone pick this up at ????
Rkangel

Reply with quote  #4 
Walmart and most auto parts stores.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Shell-Rotella-T-15W40-Motor-Oil-1-Gal/14958327

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Shell-Rotella-Synthetic-5W-40-Motor-Oil-1-Gal/14958681

Rotella was primarily a diesel and heavy equipment motor oil, but has been popular in the motorcycle and powersports community because it shared the properties of many ATV specific oils and was an affordable alternative that was wet clutch safe.  Due to this popularity Rotella eventually had the T and T6 tested to meet the JASO MA standard for wet clutches.  Now it officially carries the JASO MA label.

Reply with quote  #5 
Wow hey thanks so much!! I really appreciate it. This is y I love this site sooooo much thanks again
Dunph

Reply with quote  #6 
I don't love the rotella. I am a fan of the rp and ps4. my clutch feels better on them. however, frequently changed oil trumps higher grade. so if it means you do more oil changes, I would recommend the rotella every time
2016 2500hd
2003 GMC Sierra 1500hd Quadrasteer Yes i know my rear wheels are crooked! http://www.youtube.com/user/dustinwpearce
Commi-chusetts
TxOutlawRider

Reply with quote  #7 
Rotella fan here... the Rotella dino oil is quieter on my Rekluse than the synthetic Rotella, but Ive used both (usually the synthetic in the winter because of the lighter weight).
  Its also what Rekluse recommended for the use with their clutch set up. 

"Outlaws are the Chuck Norris of the quad world."
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.