Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
Team Bricktucky

Reply with quote  #1 
ok guys, I have repaired the outlaw sra 525 piece by piece for 2 years now. the engine was beat 2 years ago but I just slapped the parts I needed to keep her alive, plus I have 6 atvs , so she was just a total back up. well the time has come where I can not put this 525 off any longer. I so wanted to build a crazy 600 ktm or 570 set up but after screwing around with my other 5 atvs , I realizes that my 525 sra would be a better set up for me if I keep her as close to stock but with porting ,cam head work and maybe crank work. I just want her to be cheap to repair , easy to repair but more then a normal 525 with a pipe. when I took her to glamis , she was ok but she needed just abit more grunt for climbing china wall and I was riding high rpms all day.   im looking for a full case split, because I have a case leak under the starter. maybe crank work, maybe even a stroke, long rod, ac bearing mod, cam , head work full job (porting /valves) and carb boring..   what kind of price range im I looking at? help me guys.   im not looking at making this 525 my #1 atv, I just want her as #2 or 3. I rather have her as the best all a round atv. my 560 pred will always be my baby and my 600 pred is my show atv with the most power(but a major bitch)   What im getting at is my 525 sra needs to be my go to atv for glamis.  the time has come to address the 525.
lets get the ball rolling.... should I call thumper? or ct racing? or can one of you give me some other ideas
Team Bricktucky

Reply with quote  #2 
ok i came box of the box sounding like i want to build a 3,000 or 4,000 dollar engine. that is not what im looking for.  i want to build a simple , more powerful 525 , maybe stroked, maybe borebig but i want a simple to replace engine, im done with custom made engine parts,,, i have a predator 560 and 600 for that.

Fuj

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Well the cheapest route in my mind would be breathing.
Cam, pipe and air box, then jet for it. Knowing you, I'm
assuming you had that taken care of awhile ago. Now
I'm a stroker guy.  Always liked the lower end of the
equation.....Stock bore stroker, with a cam to keep up
with it would be the direction I'd head.....Like you said
earlier, you already have top end bikes.

Reply with quote  #4 
talk to walt

gncc #334 masters
wnyoa #534 40+ A class
thanks to
treyson racin, 100%, leatt, kenda, AXO, Matrix concepts, Engine Ice, lucas oils
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.