Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
predatormike

Reply with quote  #1 
okay, so when i take my spark plug out and hold it against the frame to see if it has spark when i turn it over and it will spaark once and then stop and no mater how much i keep trying it wont spark, and the i trun the key off and turn it back on and it will do the same thing, spark once and then stop. not sure what to do. any feed back would be helpful, thanks.

Site Geographical Custodian
Reply with quote  #2 
If I had to take a wild guess, I would say that it might be a bad coil. I would start with putting a brand new spark plug on the wire and test again. If it does the same thing, test the coil according to the service manual instructions. It could be a bad ground somewhere, bad coil, bad spark plug, the CDI, or the stator. 
Dunph

Reply with quote  #3 
+1^^^ OR RECTIFIER
2016 2500hd
2003 GMC Sierra 1500hd Quadrasteer Yes i know my rear wheels are crooked! http://www.youtube.com/user/dustinwpearce
Commi-chusetts
pimpedpredators

Site Geographical Custodian
Reply with quote  #4 
Check and clean all your connections, add some dielectric grease when re-attaching.Pay particular attention to your secondary ground/power wire locations at coil, use a wire brush. Maybe check your throttle safety switch? Also go spend a couple of bucks at Autozone and get a spark checker, alot easier and more accurate. You have to find one that has a length of plug wire off of one end, to make it down the plug hole, or make your own extension out of a single plug wire, some of them have a mechanism for determining how long or "hot" your spark is. I have 4-5 different styles for different spark diagnosis.There about $5-10 ea. and avaliable at most auto parts stores. A good probe light will help too.
03' Predator HPD 558,full HMF, Kibblewhite valvetrain,full port/polish,Dyna FS ,Keihin FCR  w/MP twist,Barnett clutch & billet basket,Trail Tech billet dash,billet Torch lights, H&H 1 1/8" bars,TrailTech"Voyager"GPS, Acerbis gaurds, Full Flight +2 "A" arms,HPD +2 anti.vibe stem and dual stabilizers, custom billet tie rods&heims,frt. roller upgrade,Pro Armor case saver,AC Racing nerfs w/IMS ROLL pegs& shifter, Ballistic battery, +3" swinger,Lonestar +4" axle,Tusk Pro heels, full DG skids,Pro Aluminum grab,Blingstar bumper,UM alum.oil tank,custom radiator,Streamline rotors, AMR Graffix, gussett kit,Race Tech triple rate springs,full custom Fox Podiums w/added front res., ITP SS wheels w/ ITP Sand/Dune Stars for sand, ITP Pro Baja, w/ ITP Holeshot HD's for dirt, 03' Predator 500 (daughters) PP pipe, TRXr carb,PD intake,UNI ,no box,Jardine nerfs,Tusk heels,AC bumper,Trail Tech: fat bars,dash,Vapor,Torches, Razrs on black G-Force for dirt,AMS on red Douglas for sand
CDent196

Reply with quote  #5 
I'm currently having this issue, any updates???
CDent196

Reply with quote  #6 
So I figured out the issue I was having was caused by the throttle saftey switch, I adjusted to keep the contact about an 1/8" apart and now she's purring like a pissed off kitten!
Kmack

Reply with quote  #7 
Puuurrrrrrrfect!!!!

BE POSITIVE - Because, if you think you CAN or if you think you CAN'T, you are right!

2009 Outlaw 525 S
2008 KTM 525
2004 KTM 525 EXC Dual Purpose Bike
1998 Yamaha 600 Grizzly - Elk Hauler
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.