Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
kokeyed

Reply with quote  #1 
I just picked up a 08 450mxr for 1200 on a repo auction. after adjusting throttle sensor and cleaning carb if fired right up and runs good. i will be doing normal maint here shortly such as change all fluids and adjust valves. i have a couple questions. 
1st. wanna buy a trail tech cause it will be street legal and on the streets part time. is the vapor the best to go with? 
2nd. im missing the front lower spring retainer. couldnt find one on parts diagram. anyone have one laying around. otherwise will go to stealership
3rd. what is bolt pattern of wheels. would like to just pick up a extra set of rims to put street tires on but gonna look for used first.
4th. are the reusable oil filters a bad idea? 

any help appreicated thanks 

Kmack

Reply with quote  #2 
The Vapor is a nice unit, I'm running 2 of them, one on the Outlaw and one on the KTM.
Front bolt pattern is 4x156
Rear bolt pattern is 4x110.

BE POSITIVE - Because, if you think you CAN or if you think you CAN'T, you are right!

2009 Outlaw 525 S
2008 KTM 525
2004 KTM 525 EXC Dual Purpose Bike
1998 Yamaha 600 Grizzly - Elk Hauler
LEOGM5150

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #3 
i have run the reusable ss filters for years with no issues on many machines. a lot of guys say they are trash and will not use them so you have got to decide what you think is best. kmack has the other details covered. if the stealership is too outrageous you may try fox themselves or give ian at monster performance a call if he has one to spare he will likely be the most reasonably priced out of those 3.

http://www.monsterperf.com/

MY GREATEST FEAR IS THAT WHEN I DIE MY WIFE WILL SELL MY TOYS FOR WHAT I TOLD HER I HAVE INTO THEM...

2014 POLARIS RZR 4 900 EPS
2012 POLARIS RZR 4 900 XP
2008 POLARIS RZR 800
2008 POLARIS OUTLAW 525S LE
2007 POLARIS OUTLAW 525 IRS
2000 400 RCR TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2001 400 TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2005 SKI DOO 1000 TWO STROKE SAND SLED
kokeyed

Reply with quote  #4 
thanks guys, had the outlaw out today and gotta say it is quite a step up from the lt250r i have. now just gotta come up with some more cash to buy some goodies for it.

LEOGM5150

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #5 
very cool they are great machines. have some fun.

MY GREATEST FEAR IS THAT WHEN I DIE MY WIFE WILL SELL MY TOYS FOR WHAT I TOLD HER I HAVE INTO THEM...

2014 POLARIS RZR 4 900 EPS
2012 POLARIS RZR 4 900 XP
2008 POLARIS RZR 800
2008 POLARIS OUTLAW 525S LE
2007 POLARIS OUTLAW 525 IRS
2000 400 RCR TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2001 400 TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2005 SKI DOO 1000 TWO STROKE SAND SLED
kokeyed

Reply with quote  #6 
What best replacement springs for front podiums my spanner nuts are turned down about a third of the way. When i jack the front up the springs are completely loose which i why my retainer was lost. But im about 240lbs and have never dealt with setting up my suspension. Looking for advise
redpred

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #7 
call ian at monsterperf.com and tell him you were sent by the site and he will fix you up or he can get you set up with good springs for time being alot of ppl here have used him and never a complaint! 

07 525 irs outlaw {wideload}we
04 r6

n more
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.