Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
04Preddy500TroyLee

Reply with quote  #1 
Hello all, 
Brett here:
Still working on my 04 Preddy. The problem is I wrecked my truck and I have to pay for that first :/ figures right?
My other problem is it turns out that I need a new crank, piston, all kinds of gaskets, and oil pump.
My guy says that'll all add up to about $1020
Soo... My question is: Does this seem right for all that? It did to me, but I just want to be sure. Also, would it be better to just get another freakin' engine? If so, where in the world would I get one? I'm aware Ebay has got some used ones but I'm trying as hard as I can to stay all knew with my parts.

P.S. [biggrin]ecided not to do a big bore cause of all my costs I currently have. [frown]((((
Sometime IT'LL GET ONE EVENTUALLY.
Thanks in advance,
BP
LEOGM5150

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #2 
yeah that sounds about right. it might be better to find a used running engine, going new is never as cheap. of course used is a bit of a gamble.

MY GREATEST FEAR IS THAT WHEN I DIE MY WIFE WILL SELL MY TOYS FOR WHAT I TOLD HER I HAVE INTO THEM...

2014 POLARIS RZR 4 900 EPS
2012 POLARIS RZR 4 900 XP
2008 POLARIS RZR 800
2008 POLARIS OUTLAW 525S LE
2007 POLARIS OUTLAW 525 IRS
2000 400 RCR TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2001 400 TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2005 SKI DOO 1000 TWO STROKE SAND SLED
LEOGM5150

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #3 
here is one from a 2006 you could get reverse on this deal. you will need the oil lines engine mounts cdi and wiring harness. it sounds like he would move all that with it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-Polaris-Predator-COMPLETE-ENGINE-SWAP-Ignition-cooling-exhaust-wiring-/261819861130?hash=item3cf5ae088a&vxp=mtr

MY GREATEST FEAR IS THAT WHEN I DIE MY WIFE WILL SELL MY TOYS FOR WHAT I TOLD HER I HAVE INTO THEM...

2014 POLARIS RZR 4 900 EPS
2012 POLARIS RZR 4 900 XP
2008 POLARIS RZR 800
2008 POLARIS OUTLAW 525S LE
2007 POLARIS OUTLAW 525 IRS
2000 400 RCR TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2001 400 TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2005 SKI DOO 1000 TWO STROKE SAND SLED
04Preddy500TroyLee

Reply with quote  #4 
Well cool, That sounds like a good deal. Is there any frame mods required to swap an 04 to an 05-07?
I know about the electrics and lines. But I thought the mounting was different. Which is why I didn't really look into those. If I'm wrong, I'll keep my eye open.
Still waiting on cash tho lol. Money don't grow on trees.
04Preddy500TroyLee

Reply with quote  #5 
I asked because there is a guy on craigslist that has a spare 05 bottom end. He said he's gonna make sure it works tomorrow. If it does, he said he'd sell it to me "dirt cheap". If that's all I need I'll be stoked
05pred500

Reply with quote  #6 
What is wrong with your crank? For a thousand bucks you could send your current crank to falicon and have them make it into a supercrank, put a knife rod on, and then still have about 200 bucks left for your high comp piston, gaskets and oil pump.
2005 predator 558 - falicon supercrank w/ knife rod, ss valves, 12.5:1 wiseco, hpd 558, HMF full system, uni, CFM oil tank, pro design tether, suspension work by Monster Performance, HID light kit, ODI Rouge, Kalis Racing riser, Flexx bars, razr/razr2
04Preddy500TroyLee

Reply with quote  #7 
The current crank bearing is shot and the sides of it are spread apart. I'm pretty sure the wristpin is shot as well..
Let me see what this guy says, If the bottom end that he has is good, I'll go that route. If not, I'll consider that.
I think an oil pump may be over $200 itself. But I don't know.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.