Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
cway77

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi All,

Recently installed a clutch kit on my Pred.  The kit included all new steels, fibers, and springs and installed with out any problems.  The one issue I am noticing is when I start it in Neutral it fires right up but when engaging the clutch lever and putting it in first gear it clunks out???  This has happened only a few times but seems like after trailering it or after sitting it will do this.  Just got back from Silver Lake and rode hard all day and only did it once in the morning?  Still an annoyance and wondering if there is anything I could of done wrong with the install or if anyone else has experienced this with an install?  Any insight would be appreciated!  Thanks!  

AC Front/Rear Grab bars
TxOutlawRider

Reply with quote  #2 
Did you readjust the cable after you installed the clutch?

"Outlaws are the Chuck Norris of the quad world."
cway77

Reply with quote  #3 
I did readjust as my old clutch kit being warn out the cable was out quite far so had to move it back in a little at the lever.  Is there anything else that I should be adjusting with regards to the cable?  Thank You! 
AC Front/Rear Grab bars
tacnam

Reply with quote  #4 
So it only does it when the bike isn't warmed up? What clutch kit did you use? Did you presoak the fibers in oil before installing? You may have to adjust the clutch a little more. When you pull the lever you are not separating the fibers from the steels to allow the engine to disengage from the trans so it will stall. If it persists you can take the clutch cover off and operate the lever and see if you see any problems when it engages or disengages. 
cway77

Reply with quote  #5 
Yeah it only seemed to do it after it was trailered for what ever reason?  At the dunes it would stall in the morning and be fine the rest of the day.  Would load up at the end of the day and came back the next to have it start up and immediately stall when put into first and again be fine the rest of the day?  I did use a Magnum brand clutch kit and I did soak the fibers for a couple days before the install.  Install went extremely smooth with no issues at all.
AC Front/Rear Grab bars
PAlilmatty

Reply with quote  #6 
I'm primarily a trials rider and almost all trials bikes that myself and my friends have do the same exact thing. If your bike sits for weeks or months it might take 5 minutes to get the clutch to unlock. We just click them in gear and hold the lever in, rev and burp the throttle, and stomp the rear brake. Once it's free it won't do it again until it sits for an extended period of time. I wouldn't worry about the issue
cway77

Reply with quote  #7 
Just never had this happen with the stock clutch and it never really sits for an extended period of time in this case it was only a days time and seemed like something to do with trailering it for what ever reason?  Hopefully the kits isn't a POS but think I would of found that out at the Dunes because my Pred took a serious beating for 2 days.  Thanks for the info!
AC Front/Rear Grab bars
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.