Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
82wheeler

Reply with quote  #1 
I'm knew to this whole thing always had banshees in the past and those are pretty cut and dry. Keep hearing about this mod using a 06 450r Honda hrc needle. Trying to get a lil more info on this and how I go about doing it. Also keep hearing about a o ring mod as well thanks for ur help
ORION

Site Geographical Custodian
Reply with quote  #2 
O-ring mod has to do with your accelerator pump. It increases the pressure of the fuel that exits the pump. Basically boosts the spring tension by acting like a bungee cord. The pump is only needed/utilized when the throttle is opened rapidly, and it is designed to eliminate bogging that would be caused by a sudden lean condition when you punch the throttle. Its a common mod, and I have seen it work wonders, and I have also seen it cause bogging to get worse. Try it out, but you need 2 thin ones, or one very think one. Take the plastic plate off the carb where the throttle cable goes in and you will see the pump linkage. 

1283_20_9_2008__185713_p1.jpg

82wheeler

Reply with quote  #3 
thank u for that info ill have to give it a try and see what happens.  do u have any info on the needle by chance
525polaris10

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Hrc needles are something that they use mainly on the ktm atvs. Something with the Ktm carbs were different which caused it not to work the exact same. Fast64ranchero used to add it in when he did his mods to any carbs. There is a bunch of info on ktmatvhq. A whole thread on it with part numbers. I would read about rancheros mods cause most of which are already done on the outlaw or can be done easily. And then read about the hrc itself.
Leo said it made his run lean or rich but deadman used it and had good luck. Both of them used it with a custom intake.
The Oring mod is not part of the hrc kit. But I run it on my Ktm bike and my quad with good results. You only need 1 Oring unless u want it more snappy.
If you youtube it, there are plenty of videos that show it. Doesn't matter what bike as long as it's an fcr carb.
Hope this helps

2010 IRS http://www.polarisproriders.com/post/My-IRS-build-6344146?trail=#1
2007 Ktm 250 xcf-w
2012 klx250 supermoto
2008 silverado
I'd like to thank my sponsors-Chase, Paypal, and PPR
525polaris10

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Hrc needles are something that they use mainly on the ktm atvs. Something with the Ktm carbs were different which caused it not to work the exact same. Fast64ranchero used to add it in when he did his mods to any carbs. There is a bunch of info on ktmatvhq. A whole thread on it with part numbers. I would read about rancheros mods cause most of which are already done on the outlaw or can be done easily. And then read about the hrc itself.
Leo said it made his run lean or rich but deadman used it and had good luck. Both of them used it with a custom intake.
The Oring mod is not part of the hrc kit. But I run it on my Ktm bike and my quad with good results. You only need 1 Oring unless u want it more snappy.
If you youtube it, there are plenty of videos that show it. Doesn't matter what bike as long as it's an fcr carb.
Hope this helps

2010 IRS http://www.polarisproriders.com/post/My-IRS-build-6344146?trail=#1
2007 Ktm 250 xcf-w
2012 klx250 supermoto
2008 silverado
I'd like to thank my sponsors-Chase, Paypal, and PPR
RedRanger

Reply with quote  #6 
Not intentionally trying to thread-jack but I couldn't find a better place to ask and didn't want to start another thread. What do you guys clean your carbs with? I've read a lot of places that the aerosol carb spray will cause the slides to stick. So what should I use to clear out all the grime and gunk?
ORION

Site Geographical Custodian
Reply with quote  #7 
I use WD40 or a similar pressurized lubricant. 
TxOutlawRider

Reply with quote  #8 
I've had good luck with wd 40 or other pressurized lubes as well. 

And yes, carb/brake cleaner will swell up the rubber seal inside the slide and make it hang up.  

"Outlaws are the Chuck Norris of the quad world."
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.