Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
Tr0utbum

Reply with quote  #1 
I was installing a Rekluse clutch and steel primary nut when I noticed something out of place under the primary gear.  Take a look at the attached pic.  The primary gear is connected to a little drum like thing with a big bearing pack under it.  There seems to be some special spring clip (thin metal, like an E-clip) that retains the bearing pack into the drum.  This clip seems to ride into a small groove in the drum.  The clip is what I would like to replace.  

It does not show it in the diagram, but I have circled the bearing in red.

When I went to install the steel nut, I saw this clip sticking out from under the primary gear assembly.  It was pretty worn.  I should have taken a picture of it, but thought that I would find it easily in the diagrams.  It doesn't show on the diagram at all.  I would also like to replace the bearing, but it too is unmarked on the diagram.

Any ideas?

Outlaw.JPG

Bings outlaw

Reply with quote  #2 
That's a one way bearing for starting motor. Not sure if there available from Polaris but I've seen them for sale on eBay.
Tr0utbum

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks for the lead!  I pulled up the starter diagram, and there it was!

Not cheap though!
Outlaw starter.JPG 
Clutch cost.JPG

TxOutlawRider

Reply with quote  #4 
I had one go bad and replaced it with an aftermarket one from ebay.  I don't recall what I paid, but it was allot less than $109.99.

"Outlaws are the Chuck Norris of the quad world."
Tr0utbum

Reply with quote  #5 
I've found one on ebay for $60.  But it does not show or mention the retaining circlip.  Did the one you bought come with a new clip?
TxOutlawRider

Reply with quote  #6 
If I remember right it was just the sprag.  Im not sure what retaining clip you're needing.  What's the # on the diagram?

Tr0utbum

Reply with quote  #7 
The bearing goes into the back of the gear.  The circlip is what holds the sprag in.  At least on mine it does.  There is a little groove in the recess of the gear that the internal circlip rides in so that the sprag does not come back out.  It does not show in the diagram, but I think they illustrated it as part of the sprag. (see the two little holes in the sprag)

If that is the clip, and it goes almost the full circumference of the sprag, then I am missing about half of mine!  I wonder where it went?

Sprag.JPG 

TxOutlawRider

Reply with quote  #8 
Its all one round piece if I remember right.  it just slides inside of that hub, no cirlip.  I think that drawing is just trying to show detail. 

Tr0utbum

Reply with quote  #9 
Thanks for the info Tx.  Mine definitely has a clip holding it into the recess of the gear.  Or about half of a clip.  I put it all back together and pressed the clip back into the groove the best that I could.  I think that it will stay in.  I'll just have to inspect it periodically until I get it replaced.  

Tr0utbum

Reply with quote  #10 
Oh, I found a FSM on this site (thanks Brownie!).  Here is a pic of the sprag and clip that I am talking about.  I am definitely missing half of my clip.  I wonder where I could get one.

Circlip.JPG 

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.